www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:25 am 

would like some feedback from anyone currently using the Air Supreme brief. model 1210
I just got into my most recent order of 4 cases. and right off noticed a change. first off
the bags were not bursting at the seams with briefs tightly packed like I am used to.
but the bag size is identical to the old ones. also noticed the artwork on the bag is now in light blue
not the dark blue of the older ones. along with noticing the loosely packed briefs I noticed they take up
less space as well in the box which I compared with an old one to see if same size.
but the main issue is the briefs do not feel as soft as the ones I have been using for years now.
they are thinner and stiffer. I am used to fluffing up the briefs out of the bag but this version will not fluff up
like the old ones. performance wise I also noticed the padding did separate a bit and bunch up on me today
which has never happened before even having to wear over 8 hours in some cases.
I will continue to use these as they are my go to work and home brief. but not at all happy with the changes.
for kicks I did weigh the old and new and the new one was about 6 grams heavier.
I know that there is now a newer version with back elastic, but I would give that up in a minute to have the Air supreme brief
I am used to wearing since it's debut. as this is mostly my work and daytime brief it is the most important one I use.
while I only order about 12 cases of this SKU per year it was still the best I had used in the last 30 years of needing this product
so my main question is has anyone else noticed this. Adam is this a trial run that you have changed back? or what.

Regards..N

the LOT number off the briefs of this most recent order is A420DB 1511173105 EXP 5/22
the LOT number off the briefs of my last order and the older style was A41104 1417162502 EXP 2/19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:50 am 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
would like some feedback from anyone currently using the Air Supreme brief. model 1210
I just got into my most recent order of 4 cases. and right off noticed a change. first off
the bags were not bursting at the seams with briefs tightly packed like I am used to.
but the bag size is identical to the old ones. also noticed the artwork on the bag is now in light blue
not the dark blue of the older ones. along with noticing the loosely packed briefs I noticed they take up
less space as well in the box which I compared with an old one to see if same size.
but the main issue is the briefs do not feel as soft as the ones I have been using for years now.
they are thinner and stiffer. I am used to fluffing up the briefs out of the bag but this version will not fluff up
like the old ones. performance wise I also noticed the padding did separate a bit and bunch up on me today
which has never happened before even having to wear over 8 hours in some cases.
I will continue to use these as they are my go to work and home brief. but not at all happy with the changes.
for kicks I did weigh the old and new and the new one was about 6 grams heavier.
I know that there is now a newer version with back elastic, but I would give that up in a minute to have the Air supreme brief
I am used to wearing since it's debut. as this is mostly my work and daytime brief it is the most important one I use.
while I only order about 12 cases of this SKU per year it was still the best I had used in the last 30 years of needing this product
so my main question is has anyone else noticed this. Adam is this a trial run that you have changed back? or what.

Regards..N

the LOT number off the briefs of this most recent order is A420DB 1511173105 EXP 5/22
the LOT number off the briefs of my last order and the older style was A41104 1417162502 EXP 2/19

I'm very sorry that this last bag of diapers didn't meet you standards. There have been no changes to the specs of the briefs. This effect does happen sometimes in manufacturing and is typically the result of an unusual combination of temperature and/or humidity extremes either in manufacturing or in transit. We have seen these type of variations occur on almost all products infrequently over the past 16 years. We will certainly pull some stock and test them ourselves and provide the feedback to the factory.

Just looking at the expiration dates, it looks like the lot # of your OLD stock was 3 years old and so air creeping into the bags would have naturally fluffed them up quite a lot. They new lot number you have is from this year and so it hasn't had time yet to naturally fluff from air. Note: We use an expiration date of 5 years on our briefs. After 5 years, they still absorb fine but the glue in the brief may dry out too much and cause the brief to start falling apart some.

We'd be happy to try and replace with stock from a different lot if possible if you message me your customer/order details.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 pm 

Man it ice having a representative from a venerable her that can answer questions and help out. Thank you so much Adam.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:48 pm 

thanks adam. I guess I always got old stock and got used to it being that way . and as it is 4 cases not a bag. I will just continue on.
maybe that time fluffing up made em better, as I have only had those type getting new stock threw me for a loop as it seemed so different.
there is no other brief that compares so I will stick with it. was just trying to find out if there were changes and why.
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:25 pm 

I use a rotation system to allow them to uncompressed. I place the booster and diaper together so when I pull one, I pull the other. Then I fill up a small four drawer dresser with them and the left overs go into two large tubs. When I run low in the dresser I pull from the tubs and than refill the tubs. Gives plenty of time to allow them to uncompressed and makes them more comfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:24 pm 

batman381327 wrote:
I use a rotation system to allow them to uncompressed. I place the booster and diaper together so when I pull one, I pull the other. Then I fill up a small four drawer dresser with them and the left overs go into two large tubs. When I run low in the dresser I pull from the tubs and than refill the tubs. Gives plenty of time to allow them to uncompressed and makes them more comfortable.

thats a good idea. I always have at least 4 cases in the basement and have always just pulled a bag at a time from them as needed.
Like Adam said since I have old stock they had time to "fluff up in the bag" but I always had to do a thing were I would kind of do an accordion move quickly with the brief to fluff it up.
I may just dump a few bags out into a dresser to have time to wake up so to speak.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm 

Didn't want to make a new post so I'm going to piggy back on this one. I just started using the North shore Supreme to see if I might want to change form my usual M4s. Overall they are great and work for me when needed, the only issue I've noticed is that they are smaller in length compared to the M4s.

I do have one question to ask, and that is that are the Northshore diapers supposed to have an elastic waist band, because I have some with and elastic in the back and not the front or no elastic at all from the same package.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:55 pm 

Bobsan48 wrote:
I do have one question to ask, and that is that are the Northshore diapers supposed to have an elastic waist band, because I have some with and elastic in the back and not the front or no elastic at all from the same package.

All new orders for NorthShore Supreme should have the elastic in the rear waistband going forward. There was a brief transition period and it's possible, but very rare, that an older bag without elastic was returned and pit back into stock.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm 

well I am over a case into the new briefs. and am kinda bummed that the padding does not hold up at all like the older ones.
maybe that time sitting in the warehouse did something to it to make it better. but for the first time since using 30+ cases of these things
the padding falls apart whether wet or dry if I wear the brief longer than a couple hours. this never happened before.
the only physical difference between old and new is in the attached photo., you can see some kind of quilting on the newer ones.
this is the first time I have seen that quilting in the thousands i have used. . performance outside this one issue seems similar. but the padding breaking up
does negate one huge advantage these had. and that is the wicking ability. when the padding is broken the wicking ability
goes down fast . can anyone confirm that same quilted look on the newest air supreme briefs? thanks!.

new on the right .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 am 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
well I am over a case into the new briefs. and am kinda bummed that the padding does not hold up at all like the older ones.
maybe that time sitting in the warehouse did something to it to make it better. but for the first time since using 30+ cases of these things
the padding falls apart whether wet or dry if I wear the brief longer than a couple hours. this never happened before.
the only physical difference between old and new is in the attached photo., you can see some kind of quilting on the newer ones.
this is the first time I have seen that quilting in the thousands i have used. . performance outside this one issue seems similar. but the padding breaking up
does negate one huge advantage these had. and that is the wicking ability. when the padding is broken the wicking ability
goes down fast . can anyone confirm that same quilted look on the newest air supreme briefs? thanks!.

The embossed dimple pattern was always there but the roller that makes that pattern gets adjusted every so often and it appears that the latest batch was made right after it had been tightened. They may have over shot it a bit. All our current stock is from the same batch so we can't replace them. You may need to leave these out a bit longer than usual to fluff up. If you have unopened bags you want to return just let us know.