www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:15 pm 

Batman, I knew from previous experience here that sticking my neck out would get my head chopped off, but it was important to me to validate Noe. I'm sorry that I caused you emotional distress in the process.

I simply tried to explain to Adam why Noe likely won't buy from Northshore again because some content on the website could put his job and relationship with his colleagues in jeopardy. Adam didn't get it and I guess you didn't either. Unless I missed it, no one said that Northshore or anyone else should stop selling ABDL products.

I truly miss all the highly-functioning people who don't post here anymore. Don't you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:08 pm 

Batman is right. I am veteran, disabled, ptsd, came here for support but quickly learned this is not a friendly place where one can speak freely of ideas, especially unpopular ideas or ideas in support of even religious texts. Nimbys like wetters, noe, and rope are largely the culprits. It's unfortunate. I still view the forum from time to time when life is difficult but don't participate because of this climate of intolerance and feeling the need to dissect everything we choose to talk about instead of just talking. When Wetters was briefly a moderator, I knew it was all over. I never said anything until now, and never will again, but batman is right and i serve as the empirical evidence.

I had emailed adam regarding betterdry after finding the fit did not cause discomfort and not having a dependable source. I knew crinklz were the same product. Adam kept me informed. When the new product became available, i only saw the crinklz and could not find the betterdry. I was in a pinch and purchased the crinklz. Emailed adam and got a direct link to betterdry web page. Ordered those too.

Thanks for everything you've done to help us out, Adam. It's extremely appreciated by the majority of humanity that must find it's way to you for whatever reason.

I still struggle. If anyone remembers, I had a period in my life that was very dark. I had a very stained couch, never left my small apartment, was extremely isolated, and came here to talk about it. Papa, Paul was it, was a help. Don't see him around much anymore either.

All you guys need to relax. It's really off-putting how much you feel the need to police and criticize.

Go ahead, ban me. It doesn't matter.

Merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:01 am 

schoppy wrote:
I get my cloth diapers from AngelFluff diaper co. and get them through the VA system. I have been doing it for MANY MANY years.
Schoppy

Please tell me me how? I just ordered from AngelFluff on my own using my own money. A am having a war with the VA as they keep sending me crap. I just wrote a letter to my primary care via private messaging with advice from another member. They have been sending me junk for 8 plus years. I just got them to change it but it is still junk. I hope to hear back after Christmas, but I’m not holding my breath. This is embarrassing for me. All I’m getting is angry. I want to go to my Senator, butI would be so embarrassed. Maybe, my wife could make the call. Yes I’m chicken. I have not had good care at the VA since my primary care doctor retired. I often use my wife’s work insurance to get things done. I have to go to another State to go to the VA hospital.

Thanks for any advice,
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:15 pm 

Onions,

Seeing you called me out I felt I needed to reply. My apologies if you feel this is an unfriendly place. My only motivation for trying to limit some talk is for the newer members that have not crossed that hurdle yet and to also keep this site from turning into one of the other dozens of sites out there geared that direction.
Unfortunately we can't make everyone happy and there will always be someone offended by something. As a mod all I can do is try to keep things moving in it's intended direction and steer things back when we get off track. I am totally open to criticism and other points of view but what it's all going to have to come back to is this is a medical incontinence support forum for those suffering from, caring for or treating incontinence.
Onion, you are right that you are impartial evidence of where the forum is going. Evidence that it is impossible to make everyone happy all of the time. My hope is you don't leave and you continue to contribute to the goal of support for those new to this. The biggest help we all do is assuring others we are not alone.

One last thing that did give me concern, you mentioned that there was also a problem with "ideas in support of even religious texts". I do not recall there ever being a debate about this. As a chaplain myself I would not only support religion but would encourage it. Faith can be such a strong source of hope when we need it the most. I don't get preachy here but I feel most would feel the same way.

Rope

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:23 pm 

As a new guy here, I have been hesitant to post on this topic, but kinda feel compelled to.

During my journey, I've found useful information and great products on several different websites and forums. While I am exceedingly glad I found this site, I also got some good product recommendations from ABDL oriented sites. I'm not an ABDL, but when you Google "adult diapers" it is inevitable that some suggested sites will cater to that market. In fact, I discovered Abena's and NorthShore Supremes on a primarily ABDL site. Supremes have now become my "go to" 24/7 diaper.

Anyway, as a business owner, I understand that any change to my product line up can cause conflict, but I also understand that I have to continually look at ways to grow my business. (It gets even more complicated since my wife is also my business partner...LOL). I checked out the NS website, and at least when I've been on there recently, there is nothing blatantly ABDL on there. You have to drill down to find the Crinklz, so at this point, I don't anticipate any major issues for anyone who logs on to re-order any of the NorthShore products. I have placed 2 orders since this thread started, and logged in a couple other times to check the shipping status (and I did take advantage of the free shipping offer - Thanks!) and it's been a non-issue.

Of more concern to me is the back and forth and calling out of mods on the public forum. I am grateful that this site is focused on true incontinence support and is not ABDL oriented, but IMO some of this discussion would be better handled in private messages. Someone new to and struggling with incontinence may see that and move on, and miss all the fantastic information and support available on this site. As someone who is still trying to "figure it out" so to speak, I for one am more inclined to look past ABDL references to get good info, than I am to look past public conflict.

Thanks, NorthShore, for great products. Thanks, Mods, for keeping this site on track, and Thanks, members, for helping someone like me navigate this whole incontinence thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:30 pm 

Onions, I am still around if you want to PM me. Remember, i am a combat Vet, same shit going on in my head. As far as a lot of the petty, paranoid thinking here lately it is why i come here less and less. It used to be a much more tolerant and open place. It is what the world has been devolved to over the past decade. Or, maybe, it is "No country for old men." Age has its up side (experience) as well as a down side (health). Papa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 am 

well it appears. that Northshore is actively catering to the Fetish crowd now. and appears to have done so for a while. on a recent visit to northshore site to do another 3 month order I noticed another fetish diaper being promoted. this BS about catering to the disabled that want a printed diaper is just that. be honest and just make a fetish site for that crowd and leave the main site for normal folks. I did not make my normal order as seeing that crap pissed me off. the godamn internet is full of fetish crap that is unavoidable when searching for adult protection and seeing Northshore go that route really disappoints me. via the same google search I see that adam is posting on the fetish sites as well. They have a fantastic product in the supreme brief so have no idea why they would do this. ...rant over. luckily I was able to get 20 cases of the Ontex made ID Slip briefs that the Northshore briefs are based on from Gary who used to own XP and is/was selling old stock on ebay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:02 am 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
well it appears. that Northshore is actively catering to the Fetish crowd now. and appears to have done so for a while. on a recent visit to northshore site to do another 3 month order I noticed another fetish diaper being promoted. this BS about catering to the disabled that want a printed diaper is just that. be honest and just make a fetish site for that crowd and leave the main site for normal folks. I did not make my normal order as seeing that crap pissed me off. the godamn internet is full of fetish crap that is unavoidable when searching for adult protection and seeing Northshore go that route really disappoints me. via the same google search I see that adam is posting on the fetish sites as well. They have a fantastic product in the supreme brief so have no idea why they would do this. ...rant over. luckily I was able to get 20 cases of the Ontex made ID Slip briefs that the Northshore briefs are based on from Gary who used to own XP and is/was selling old stock on ebay

The response from our customers to us adding Crinklz and Dotty diapers has been overwhelmingly positive. Of course nothing will ever be unanimous and we're sorry to lose you as a customer. Over 85% of sales of Crinklz and Dotty are to non-abdl customers who are thrilled to see non-medical looking diapers available. We've received numerous feedback begging for these type of diapers from people who feel added stigma from wearing medical looking diapers 24/7. Anything we can do to help reduce stigma, we are all for it.

As for ABDL customers...we don't see any issues with them. They are people with real needs just like anyone else and these diapers are what they are looking for as well. Some ABDL customers purchase them for psychological and emotional comfort, but a large amount of them also have incontinence needs. Just because NorthShore sells a couple products that are also found on ABDL websites doesn't mean that we are an ABDL site as well. There are just as many non-ABDL customers with fetishes as ABDL customers. What people do at home is not our concern. Our concern is to treat all people with respect and help out in any way that we can, especially for any person that feels stigma for their medical conditions; physical and/or emotional.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:05 am 

I can understand the frustration most of us feel with the adbl community. As I have said before in my post earlier "At the end of the day there are businesses and consumers. Businesses are mostly in it to make money. The consumers are looking for quality products at a decent price. If a consumer doesn't like a business's practice or who they are catering to, they can shop elsewhere. Eventually the business will change or fail if enough people stop shopping there."

Please take any other complaints to either a PM to North Shore or pen and paper snailed mailed to them with your feelings. I feel Adam has received the point about the feelings on the products North Shore is selling from those who don't like this on this post. Plus, Adam has been very cordial dealing with this subject. He could have just deleted the topic and choose to ignore anymore post from from this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm 

XP has fetish oriented diapers too. Why are people singling out northshore? It's a buisness and a big part of that is making money. I dont know if it's true that most of the people buying prints aren't abdl. Personally I dont buy them because they aren't appealing to me. But northshore sells quality stuff and I just look past the stuff I dont like and get what works for me. I've gotten a reusable bed pad and a pail from them and the supremes are my go to when I have the money to get them. I dunno I dislike the fetish crap as much as the next person. But its not my buisness to run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next