www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm 

I support Northshore on this. I have been a customer for several years. I use the REARZ Inspire + Control with a Northshore booster every night, and never have a leak. I want what works for me regardless of where I have to go to get it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:05 pm 

I think you missed my point, Adam. My point was that because Northshore caters to the ABDL community, a person can easily acquire an incorrect impression of someone who does business with Northshore.

You stated that "If someone is knowledgeable about the ABDL community then they are likely a part of that community...." Please tell me that English isn't your native language, and that you misstated your intended comment! I sincerely doubt that most people who are aware of ABDL live the lifestyle. Of course Northshore has the right to market/sell to anyone it chooses, and whatever products it chooses, however, someone who witnesses a colleague doing business with Northshore on the Northshore website could feasibly get the impression that the user is ABDL, due to the website's content.

I think you made a valid point that the ABDL folks will find you whether you glaringly announce that you're there for them or not. In addition, the special-needs parents/caregivers need to quickly and easily find what they need. I think if Northshore's website were to include language such as "Disabled/Special Needs Population", Northshore could do away with the term "...Adult Baby Diapers" and still reach all of your intended populations without scaring anyone off or unintentionally creating a difficult situation for a non-ABDL user.

W.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 pm 

Wetters wrote:
I think you missed my point, Adam. My point was that because Northshore caters to the ABDL community, a person can easily acquire an incorrect impression of someone who does business with Northshore.

You stated that "If someone is knowledgeable about the ABDL community then they are likely a part of that community...." Please tell me that English isn't your native language, and that you misstated your intended comment! I sincerely doubt that most people who are aware of ABDL live the lifestyle. Of course Northshore has the right to market/sell to anyone it chooses, however, someone who witnesses a colleague doing business with Northshore on the Northshore website could feasibly get the impression that the user is ABDL, due to the website's content.

I think you made a valid point that the ABDL folks will find you whether you glaringly announce that you're there for them or not. In addition, the special-needs parents/caregivers need to quickly and easily find what they need. I think if Northshore's website were to include language such as "Disabled/Special Needs Population", Northshore could do away with the term "...Adult Baby Diapers" and still reach all of your intended populations without scaring anyone off or unintentionally creating a difficult situation for a non-ABDL user.

W.

Sorry, I know my grammar and typing isn't perfect. I agree that there is a major stigma with using incontinence supplies and that many people are afraid to visit a site like ours at work or on shared computers. This will not make us advertise less, rather advertise more to help break down this stigma and help eliminate the shame with ordering diapers.
(See our article about Rude2Respect Anti-Stigma Campaign which we support through the Simon Foundation at http://www.northshorecare.com/blog/rude ... t-campaign)

Having Crinklz Adult Baby Diapers on our site "out" someone as part of ABDL community is impossible to believe. Anyone could be on our site to order products for their kids, parents, pets, grandparents, etc... There are many "AB Friendly" products on Amazon and I am on Amazon everyday and nobody asks me if I am ABDL because Amazon carries tons of AB products.

We have 16 years of data that shows us that these parents of special needs children are looking for the phrase "adult baby diapers" and therefore we are going to keep that phrase so we can help these families find these products. If someone who is not ABDL will stop buying from us because we carry Crinklz Adult Baby Diapers then that is their choice. Personally, I think that fear is unfounded and uninformed. People should not care what underwear others wear or why they wear it. It's none of their business. We'll keep working until some day nobody is worried about people suspecting they are ABDL, because being AB or DL is of no harm to anyone else and should not be looked down upon or treated as something lesser than others. #YOLO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 pm 

Once again you missed my point - or is it that you just want the last word? lol.

W.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 pm 

Wetters wrote:
Once again you missed my point - or is it that you just want the last word? lol.

W.

How so? Can you explain better? You stated "someone who witnesses a colleague doing business with Northshore on the Northshore website could feasibly get the impression that the user is ABDL, due to the website's content."

I am not sure how I've missed your point...rather I just disagree with it. There is no more possibility to give the impression user is ABDL (again, who really cares anyway) on our site versus other sites like Amazon. If someone feels the stigma with purchasing diapers at all, having this one extra product on our site will not make a difference, they will already feel that stigma and will do their online buying in private anyway. If people will stop buying from us because they refuse to purchase from a company that sells to AB market, then we are ok with that as we help many more families than we lose by carrying this very hard to find product on our site. And by the way, every company that sells diapers sells to AB market. If companies have a policy to discriminate against AB customers by refusing to answer their questions, etc... then we feel that is very wrong and should not be supported. There's no need to support AB UNFRIENDLY companies to avoid stigma when better alternative is to just shop in private from non-discriminatory companies. #WEREALLHUMAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:22 pm 
Admin

I do want to thank Adam for taking his time viewing and posting on this forum.
I personally don't care what a company sells. They are out to make money or they won't be in business long.
If they have something I don't like I just don't buy it hehe.

I get my cloth diapers from AngelFluff diaper co. and get them through the VA system. I have been doing it for MANY MANY years. Recently they started advertising more abdl related products. That doesn't stop me from buying from them, I just don't buy anything related to the abdl group.
I don't think the VA would even allow an order with the abdl designs anyway. LOL

I have, and will again, buy some disposables from Adam. I usually get their NorthShore Supreme Briefs but will probably try out the Betterdry disposables. Im always willing to try out something different and see if it works out.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 am 

totally see the Market as Adam described it for older disabled kids/teens and even some adults who would find the product appealing.
just wish there was some better wording. the Adult Baby thing just seems so tied to that lifestyle. it probably does not help that on this site there was someone
who was trying to force that lifestyle down peoples throat,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:47 pm 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
totally see the Market as Adam described it for older disabled kids/teens and even some adults who would find the product appealing.
just wish there was some better wording. the Adult Baby thing just seems so tied to that lifestyle. it probably does not help that on this site there was someone
who was trying to force that lifestyle down peoples throat,

I understand that some people are sensitive to "adult baby", but for most of the population, they will read this as "adult...baby diapers", which is what parents are looking for. Our NorthShoreCare.com site is primarily geared towards caregivers...of adults, children & pets...I don't see any additional stigma added to anyone shopping on our site because this one product is available on the site.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 am 

Both the Canadian medical suppliers I deal with also carry a few printed adult diapers, Its never bothered me that they are there and some times will be on the main page as a on sale item. I can see the need for a special need child or adult. For most of us we can not understand why an Adult would choose to become an Adult Baby and try to regress. But if you think about it a lot of the new premium plain white medical grade diapers that we order and wear come from companys that also produce ABDL diapers.

I wear the new Betterdry diaper and I never knew it was the same as the crinkles printed diaper I am just glad I found a diaper that will manage my incontinnce issue. I will stick with the plain white ones.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:25 am 

I try to stay out of this type of arguments, but I have had enough of seeing this back and forth on this discussion along with others in the past.

I don't post like I used to but, I feel these types of discussions become detrimental to this forum. Reason being if I was new to IC and saw this; I would probably leave or just not join. I have been a member of this forum for awhile now and it has helped me immensely. I would hate if these back and forth arguments makes someone not join or go elsewhere.

At the end of the day there are businesses and consumers. Businesses are mostly in it to make money. The consumers are looking for quality products at a decent price. If a consumer doesn't like a business's practice or who they are catering to, they can shop elsewhere. Eventually the business will change or fail if enough people stop shopping there. I don’t believe we would be viewing sites where others can see we are buying incontinence products as we are paranoid others will know we can’t control our bodily functions.

Please stop this back and forth arguments and get back to what this forum is about of caring, giving advice and helping the newbies along with ones that have had it awhile.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next