www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 pm 

We now have both Crinklz and BetterDry in-stock at NorthShore!

Order at least one bag of either brand to any order through Dec 31. 2017 and receive free standard shipping on your whole order. Coupon code FS17 required. No PO Boxes, Contiguous US Only.

Crinklz and BetterDry are both made by the same company in Europe so the sizing and absorbency is identical. The only difference between the two brands is that Crinklz has colored printed animals and stars on the backsheet and BetterDry is all white.

Based on our own internal testing, these products are very similar in design and absorbency as ConfiDry 24/7. However, BetterDry/Crinklz does seem to dry a little quicker and has taller leak guards...and still has the elastic on front and rear waistbands. Note: Neither Dry 24/7 or Crinklz/BetterDry prevent clumping and wick as well as NorthShore Supreme, although the core is a little larger and the leakguards are taller than NorthShore Supreme as well.

Crinklz: http://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/f ... riefs.html

BetterDry: http://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/o ... riefs.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm 

wish I had seen this saturday when I ordered some better dry to try .
I have mixed feelings about Northshore carrying fetish products,
on one hand they are a fetish product on the other I have sampled some of the plain versions
of some of these and found them a good alternative for some uses.
still kinda weirds me out though .
on a better note the Northshore Air Supreme is still my choice for 98 percent of my daily needs
just wish i did not need a booster at night

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:08 pm 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
on one hand they are a fetish product on the other I have sampled some of the plain versions
on a better note the Northshore Air Supreme is still my choice for 98 percent of my daily needs

We do have many non-ABDL customers looking for products like Crinklz as well...mostly parents of special needs youth/adults.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm 

I don't have any problems with the fact that Northshore carries some AB/DL products. If there is a demand it's just good business and I applaud them for being open minded enough to provide excellent products for all needs and tastes. It might be a different story if they only carried AB/DL products but I'd say their website is about 99% directly aimed at the truly incontinent market. I am grateful for them and have ordered products from them several times and received excellent service and at very reasonable prices.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
I don't have any problems with the fact that Northshore carries some AB/DL products. If there is a demand it's just good business and I applaud them for being open minded enough to provide excellent products for all needs and tastes. It might be a different story if they only carried AB/DL products but I'd say their website is about 99% directly aimed at the truly incontinent market. I am grateful for them and have ordered products from them several times and received excellent service and at very reasonable prices.

Thanks for your feedback. We've always had many AB/DL customers for all 16 years we've been in business. Back in the day the old purple Molicares were very popular along with Attends Waistband briefs. While we do not employ any openly AB or DL staff at this time, we are very sensitive to the differing needs of both AB and DL customers and want to support them with useful and quality products wherever possible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 pm 

NorthShoreAdam wrote:
fanoftherichISC wrote:

We do have many non-ABDL customers looking for products like Crinklz as well...mostly parents of special needs youth/adults.

well there yah go. a market I overlooked. makes sense. ....
I shall retreat to my shell. JK. seriously that is a great idea.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 am 

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about Northshore carrying fetish products

In the past, I have purchased institutionally from Northshore. I would not do so now. If my colleagues were to look at the NS website today, they would see a listing for "Crinklz Briefs Adult Baby Diapers." How much revenue does Northshore expect to earn from the ABDL market? In the meantime, how much damage do they inflict on their reputation as a staid, medical supply company?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 am 

Noe wrote:
Quote:
I have mixed feelings about Northshore carrying fetish products

In the past, I have purchased institutionally from Northshore. I would not do so now. If my colleagues were to look at the NS website today, they would see a listing for "Crinklz Briefs Adult Baby Diapers." How much revenue does Northshore expect to earn from the ABDL market? In the meantime, how much damage do they inflict on their reputation as a staid, medical supply company?

Can you please explain why us selling Crinklz Adult Baby Diapers would make you or others less likely to buy from us? I'm open to changing the messaging to make sure that we are as sensitive as possible while making these products accessible to all those who may need or want them. If you are a parent of a special needs teen or adult, then you may be actively searching for a product like this and we know that the most likely term you would search for is "Adult Baby Diapers". That is the reason we have the title with these words. The ABs from the ABDL market will find Crinklz even without it, but all those parents with children with severe autism or other developmental disabilities will be totally unaware of these products and the ABDL category and are just hoping to find something that their children will appreciate for its design and its absorbency.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:30 pm 

Adam, it's my understanding that Noe, as part of his Holy Orders as a cleric, is a caregiver in a communal setting to an elderly priest who suffers from incontinence. He buys incontinence products for this man, and I interpreted his comment that he "purchased institutionally from Northshore" to mean that Northshore has been one of his suppliers in this regard. I can understand how Noe would be concerned that Northshore's accommodation to the ABDL community might give the wrong impression to his associates, should any of them happen upon the Northshore website.

W.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm 

Wetters wrote:
Adam, it's my understanding that Noe, as part of his Holy Orders as a cleric, is a caregiver in a communal setting to an elderly priest who suffers from incontinence. He buys incontinence products for this man, and I interpreted his comment that he "purchased institutionally from Northshore" to mean that Northshore has been one of his suppliers in this regard. I can understand how Noe would be concerned that Northshore's accommodation to the ABDL community might give the wrong impression to his associates, should any of them happen upon the Northshore website.

W.

This doesn't quite make sense to me. If someone is knowledgeable about the ABDL community then they are likely a part of that community and should be happy to see new options for ABDL. If they are not knowledgeable about ABDL then seeing Crinklz on our site will not all of a sudden clue them in about the ABDL community. As a caregiver, I'm sure anyone can see the benefit to parents with special needs children/adults that this product would bring. Lastly, I don't see any religious objections to what type of underwear people wear. It's a similar argument we get about once a year when someone figures out that we sell the same pads for adult bed pads and also puppy training pads and gets upset. There are so many things in this world to get upset about, but getting upset about how people use their diapers or pads is not worth the energy. We'll never please everyone no matter how hard we try. We make decisions based on how we can help the most people and families find products that improve their quality of living.