www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad Day
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:01 pm 

Over all my day wasnt bad, but I just had a bowel accident at work while trying to make it to the restroom. This wouldnt usually ruine my day but this has never happen to me before. It came out of nowhere, the feeling that I had to go, and as I got up from my chair I felt it coming on harder. So I power walk to the restroom but as I make it to the door, as if touching the door made it happen, I lose control and then spend the next 15-30min cleanning up because I wasnt ready for it.

Urinary Incontinence is one thing, which Im still trying to accept, but fecal incontinence is another monster that Im not ready for/ never wants to be.

(Just needed to get this off my chest)

Post subject: Re: Bad Day
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 pm 

You have my sympathy. Bowel accidents are another breed of horse altogether. I hope the movement was formed and not liquid, which mine can sometimes be. Cleanup makes a well-stocked diaper/gym bag and the privacy of a handicapped/family restroom extremely important.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:06 am 

Bob, I know how you feel, having been there myself. Just remember that they are called "accidents" for a reason. Ditto to Patrick's remarks on being prepared.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 am 

Hi Bob

Sorry to hear you have had your first unexpected bowel movment, as Patrick and John have said as long as you are prepared with a well stocked back pack clean up is easier unfortunately bowel accidents are harder to accept and deal with then bladder incontinence. keep your doctor informed if you have any reoccurring bowel accidents hopefully this was a one time issue (ie something you ate)

I have had a buch of unexpected bowel movments over the last few months they are not plesent but when they happened I was glad that I was wearing a diaper for managing my bladder ic issues and had my backpack with me.

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:55 am 

Add my sympathies to those above. I have had bowel accidents myself, and they are NOT fun. I once crapped myself at Lowes and had to tell my brother we gotta go now. So on the way back my brother, my sister in law, and my nephew could smell it. Not only that, but I had to sit in it. Not a fun time! Thankfully in my case bowel accidents are rare. I think that its 100% due to constipation, so i take suppositories often to clean myself out. Occasionally enemas are also used.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:58 pm 

I fear that my worst fears are a measure of things to come. But I really want to be wrong about this!

Two years ago I had an accident just like the one Bob described in the first post in this thread. At work, but in my underwear since I was not urinary IC at the time. Then last summer, I had an accident in the middle of the night trying to make it to the outhouse (from the cabin). Then yesterday, as I tried to make it from my bed in the morning to the toilet. And nearly this morning also, as I hurried downstairs from my office to get to the facilities (after I thought it was all over). In all cases, it was diarrhea. Except for the first time, at least I was protected. But still! This sucks.

I've sworn off of microwave popcorn, which was a fav for watching the NFL. I may have to give up fast food as well, not that I ate a lot. All of this has me very concerned.

I heard that there is a metformin that has a slower release ("extended release" ER?) If so, I plan to ask my doctor about that. I am taking the max dose of Janumet (Janumet = Metformin + Januvia), and wonder if that might alleviate things.