www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:09 am 

Again, thank you everyone for your warm welcome. It really feels much better knowing I am not alone. The first few days in the hospital were crushing, and add the lack of knowledge, really made it feel like it was me against the world. I am so glad I found this site.

Because of the info on this page, I was able to approach my Dr. about the Peristeen tampons. He had never heard of them, but did some research, and agreed to let me try them. He gave me his approval and the hospital store ordered them for me (received the box this morning). Starting with the small, but will take my observances over to the appropriate thread for comments.

Just wanted to give you all a great big thank you!

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:25 am 

I am glad that you are finding the site very useful. At times it will get difficult to deal with all this, but always remember you are not the only one dealing with incontinence. awhile back I saw a coworker who appeared to be stressed out, I asked "Are you Ok?" as I have never seen him that stressed. Well the answer took me back for a second, but he just blurted out I just wet myself after going to the (expletive)bathroom. At which point I asked if I could shut his door and we had a talk. The next week we ran into each other again and were talking about work stuff and at the end of the conversation he told me I would not believe how much I had helped him and his wife with dealing with this. Had he not blurted it out I would have never known and he would have never known about my condition nor gained any insight as he was trying to hide it.

Your neighbor of another coworker could be dealing with something similar. Nobody wants to talk about it because of the stigma behind having to wear a diaper or guard. I will give Depend's a plug as they have done the advertising campaign of a lot of people have issues below the belt and it's no big deal.