Switch to full style
How do you deal with fecal incontinence?
Post a reply

It occured to me to ask J&B for gloves for manual stim

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:57 pm

So as you guys know (most of you anyway) I have an epic ongoing battle w constipation with (thank God!) infrequent fecal incontinence. Part of my emptying method sometimes as a last resort involves self digital stimulation, usually without gloves.. disgusting I know. but rest assured I ALWAYS wash my hands thorouglky after. It occured to me that if i had gloves, cleanup would be less burdensome.

Anyone else have to resort to digital stim to empty? By the way, i have the OK of my past doctor t do this.

Peace out!

Rob

Re: It occured to me to ask J&B for gloves for manual stim

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:19 pm

You might consider suppositories for this.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am

I perform digital stimulation daily. Unfortunately, if you are successful with this procedure, you often will soil your hand. Because of this I always use gloves. Buy then in bulk to save a few bucks.

IMHO digi stim is preferable to using suppositories as it does not use chemicals to prompt defecation. However, if digital sim is not successful, them suppositories would be appropriate. I will note that a rubber glove is cheaper than a suppository. :lol:

--John

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 pm

JDinVirginia wrote:I perform digital stimulation daily. Unfortunately, if you are successful with this procedure, you often will soil your hand. Because of this I always use gloves. Buy then in bulk to save a few bucks.

IMHO digi stim is preferable to using suppositories as it does not use chemicals to prompt defecation. However, if digital sim is not successful, them suppositories would be appropriate. I will note that a rubber glove is cheaper than a suppository. :lol:

--John

once I get assesed the price will be..nothing... courtesy of J and B and medicaid :D
Post a reply