Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tried out cloth
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 pm 

Hey guys after a long time

I have been recently trying cloth diapers in hopes of reducing costs
I must say it performed really well with one deal breaker
I used to use confidry and for it to be as good in both bowel and bladder incontinence it had to be way too thick and for most people it might be impractical
But if it performs well for some time I might switch to it completely
My bowels act up sometimes and this is perfect at dealing with that for some reason

Anybody else have any experience with cloth

Post subject: Re: Tried out cloth
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:52 pm 

At night I've recently started using a fairly thick cloth insert (actually a Walmart 'Flour Sack Cloth' folded into six layers) in a pull-up with a Gary PUL pant and it is working out great. On the few nights a month that I actually have had enuresis the folded cloth has absorbed everything and hardly even gotten my pull-up damp. I guess I'm not ready to go the full cloth diaper route at night but the few times a month where I have had a significant "leak" the mini-cloth diaper in my pull-up has worked perfectly to absorb everything with no leaks whatsoever.
In fact this has worked so well for me that this concept could even be used as a type of disposable cloth diaper if you were on a trip. Each cloth only cost approximately $1 at Walmart so just throwing them away if and when you actually wet them is somewhat affordable and certainly less than some disposable diapers.
Obviously this strategy may not work for everybody but it is working great for me and might be something others may want to try.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:50 pm 

I mainly went the cloth diaper path because it dealt with my bowel accidents pretty well and my bladder accidents are just as bad so the cloth diaper I use is a little too thick
But since I'm either using my chair or my prosthesis it hasn't affected me much it terms of my gait since mine is not typical
But definitely if you want to be discreet it's not much of an option

The only reason it is so thick is I used to use confidry and it does have to compete with that but I think it's worth it because we are cutting down cost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm 
Admin

I formerly used cloth pull-on diapers. I bought booster pads from Etsy. I also used a PUL Gary cover over it. They were really bulky. There was no doubt that with a single look somebody could tell what it was that I had on under my clothes. I always felt like I was being stared at. I had a day weight diaper and a nightweight. The night diaper was noticeably thicker. I used them for like three months. In the end, I couldn’t get them to work to justify the bulk. The urine was passing through and accumulating in the PUL cover. I went back to disposables. My wife and I used cloth diapers on our kids. Neither of us could figure out why they weren’t working. I still have them in a box put away somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 am 

I like to use cloth diapers as they cost much less than disposables. The ones that I made have an outer layer of PUL fabric. I have found that moisture will wick through the PUL fabric so I use vinyl pants over my cloth diaper. With this system I have not had any problems.