www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:34 pm 

So today I get together with a couple of guys I've known for decades but see only a few times a year. They both know of my issues but after the first few legitimate questions, it wasn't discussed openly again. I haven't seen these guys since attending a memorial for a close friend who passed away. Difficult on all of us but I took it particularly hard. I'll spare you the drama except to say it was great to see these very close friends again.

We walk up town from my lake home to an old Irish pub that was a hotel back in the 1850's. Great food, even greater company and conversation. My diaper was damp, not soaked. Confi-dry 24/7 with a booster and plastic pants. Nullo would eliminate odour and I was confident my diapers could handle an unexpected accident.

Lunch was so enjoyable with these 2 very dear friends. But as is often the case, a belly full of bar food and I can at least be aware of an unexpected accident. Which is exactly what happened. A typically large BM filled my diaper. Too much psyllium? Hardly. It would have happened anyway. At least it was semi-solid and well formed. I'm used to it. Nullo and plastic pants offered "stealth" of the event.

Nobody knew but me. As uncomfortable as it was, I didn't try to cut the lunch short. Besides feeling the load in my diaper, the afternoon was much more important. We walked back to my place, me with a loaded but undetected load in my diaper. I didn't freak out. I acted as if nothing had happened. Proud? Sure. Happy with the day? Without a doubt. Bowel IC needn't be a stop to a great afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:20 pm 

I'm glad you don't let an accident get in the way, I just can get uncomfortable sitting in a messy diaper so I try and change somewhat soon afterwards, but that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:25 am 

Congratulations on your successful management. However, if I had chosen to delay washing and changing for that length of time, I would have been forced to deal with a flaming diaper rash.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:24 am 

I use Desitin ointment (zinc oxide ) which I consider to be superior skin protection. I "air out " at every opportunity. I haven't had a rash in over a year. Believe me, I take every precaution.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:11 pm 

Yeah, I'm not as fecal incontinent as I'm urine incontinent, but I've already developed rash so no more of this. I had to use creams and bother with this stuff, for what? because I was too lazy or wanted to remain in the shadow and pretended like nothing happened and didn't replace my diaper fast enough? I'm changing them asap right now, don't care what others will think about me going to toilet so often - well I does anyway, but even those few extra minutes for extended period of time may be crucial for developing a rash, so I tend to avoid taking any chances with that anymore.