PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:24 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Thanks for your very kind and encouraging comments guys. :oops:

--John

What does that emoticon signify?

Post subject: Re: Seven weeks!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:51 pm 

Embarrassment, I think - LOL!

Old lady (still) walkin' - what's the difference between an emoji and an emoticon?

As y'all may have noticed, I'm too old to be embarrassed (about anything). A couple of days ago I stopped in Rite Aid or somewhere to get a pack of store-brand pull-ups, which I use during the day when I'm at home, so as not to use up my precious Abri-Flex pull-ups when it's not absolutely necessary. I didn't know the store layout and I was in a hurry, as Hubbs was chomping at the bit. I walked up to the pharmacy counter and called out to anyone in the service area (or any customer in (the fairly long) line, if they had the guts to respond): "Pardon me, where are the incontinence products?" Guess who was embarrassed, though!

W.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:41 am 

Yep, embarrassment. I am almost ashamed to admit how much I know about certain topics. :lol:

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:00 am 

Embarrassment? Yes indeed. However, I see it as just another nail in the stigma's coffin. Hooray!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:15 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Yep, embarrassment. I am almost ashamed to admit how much I know about certain topics. :lol:

--John

Oh stop it John! You and I have talked about literally everything by now, have we not?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 am 

Yeah, I pooped my diaper again! Well, this time I did not get as far as 7 weeks before messing my diaper. However, I got to 4 1/2 weeks, which I think is still pretty good for anyone who is fecal incontinent! :D

For those interested in using daily enemas as a preventive measure to control their fecal incontinence, I mention this as a metric to aid in trying to weigh the benefits against the burden of using this method. It is worth it for me, but may not be so for you.

Again I will note that, while part of the benefit of using this method obviously is the physical part, another aspect that may be overlooked is the emotional or psychological aspect. After my morning enema procedure, I can (almost) forget about the risk of a fecal accident until the next day. That means considerably less stress and anxiety. I am left to manage my urinary incontinence and that is more than enough of a burden for me. :roll:

Don't forget that, for many people, there can be a loop between stress/anxiety and incontinence, either bladder or bowel. Anxiety can increase incontinence and then incontinence can increase the stress or anxiety. :(

--John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 am 

John and gang;

I know all too well about the anxiety/leakage/incontinence thing, each one making the other worse. I’m lucky in that I don’t deal with fecal incontinence; however, I wanted to compliment you on your management of this awful condition, and your willingness to share it with the intent of helping others, even at the risk of being TMI (which pretty much nothing here is TMI)

Wetters, that was a gutsy move in the Rite-Aid pharmacy!!! I don’t think I would have neen able to do it!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm 

Thanks, PB&J - Sometimes we need what we need....

W.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:15 am 

I'm so glad that this has worked for you
Honestly even to go a day without a bowel accident sounds so good
Hopefully you break your record

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 am 

Hey, congratulations :) I remember I was trying those some time ago as I'm double incontinent - so fecal as well, but it didn't bring much help for me. I'm not as fecal incontinent as I'm urinary, but it still didn't really bear much effort for me. I have given up quite easily though as I have already resolution on what do I want to do with my life and how do I want to live it, so I kind of just adapted to my situation and neglected any things, that could help me overcome it. Now, that you have posted it here I guess, that I'm willing to give it another try - I will do it with a bigger detail and see if anything will change. Congratulations again and good luck with your future endeavours