www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 pm 

Hey guys, after some time. I'm doing a lot better emotionally than the last week, but I've come to maybe realize something. My bowel incontinence is like at the end of how bad it could become. I remember in high school I was having very irregular bowel accidents and the doctor told me as I get older it can increase and become worse. Which was basically my nightmare at the time. Forward to now and that's exactly where I am. How do I know? I don't think it can get worse.... Maybe that's a bad assumption to make but I feel like that.... Over the past one and a half years the bowel incontinence has been worsening by a lot. Especially since last Christmas..... I'm having 3-4 accidents a day which are so random and I always wake up in the morning with the brief soaked and filled..... It's a really degrading feeling. It got so bad it's partly why I took this semester off (mainly for some medical reasons but nothing I couldn't have handled, nothing like this. My urinary incontinence hadn't gotten better either so that definitely is not helping. Anyway I'm hoping that I'm right and I just want to deal with it without breaking down.... I'm already using confidry to it's near maximum some days without even noticing until I change... But I'm glad I made the switch to it because as good as abena was it would have given me lots of leak troubles.

Had anyone been in such a situation. This is probably because of my age and because I'm growing. Hopefully this is it.....I mean I believe that beyond a certain point diapers are not the answer and I don't want to get to that point because that means surgery for me. Don't want that.....

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:52 am 

Hi Mia,

Sorry that you are having such a rough time, but glad to read that you are doing better emotionally.

--John

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:32 pm 

My fecal accidents are almost predictable. But they still happen. What you must endure on a daily basis puts me to shame. I wish there were something I could do, other than empathize with you. I hope that being able to vent here helps with your mood. A friend of mine was forced to have a colostomy due to cancer. He copes, with his wife's assistance, but it is difficult. My heart goes out to you. Keep up the good work.