www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:58 pm 

I've been diaper dependent for 20 plus years and while sleep accidents don't happen every night they happen often enough to be quite inconvenient. I've had severe bowel urgency since a surgery years ago and use Metamucil (suggested by pcp) to keep BM's solid. It works well but it does increase frequency and volume. I can live with that better than loose stool. As for night time BM's, not much you can do about them. I've grown so accustomed to them that I don't even feel them until I awake in the morning. It certainly makes morning changes more difficult. And like Mia says, a bit depressing. But you deal with it. No other choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:38 am 

It doesn't happen a lot. I can't control it, but my awareness is still enough to wake me up a little before it happens. Sometimes it'll be enough for me to make it to the toilet, other times I'll just sort of wake up as it's happening, roll over and go back to sleep (I don't do this often, but sometimes you just can't make yourself do otherwise).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:08 am 

Hello I’m 24 yrs old. I suffer from Urinary & Fecal Incontinence, I wear disposable diapers since childhood. I hate when I have poop accidents in in my diapers. I wear diaper 24/7. I’m new to this group as of tonight. This is one of many reasons I’m still having to wear Dispoable Diapers 24/7/365.

Last edited by Wearing_Diaper on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:40 am 

Welcome to the group, you will find a lot of support and info from the members here the site has definitely helped me accept and how to manage my incontinence issue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:02 am 

For me, this is definitely something that happens and is usually triggered is unknown it just happens. Urgenency sets in & I can’t wait until to reach the restroom.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:39 pm 

Welcome wearing_diaper!

Many of us here share the same problem and understand how you feel. Feel free to ask any questions. A lot of good information is in the old messages in the archives. It can be worthwhile reading there or searching for a keyword. Also you can send any of us a PM.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am 

Increasingly, although my bowel accidents can happen at any time, day or night, more often they happen while I'm asleep. I pin on the beast protection I can and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:58 am 

This has been happening to me for the past few weeks. It feels like nightly. I’m not sure what has changed. I thought I had a good program where I was just getting minor leakage but a good movements on a schedule. I’m so frustrated and tired. Middle of the night changes are exhausting. I also need a new nighttime set up as the Abena’s haven’t contained them properly (legs and back). I’m so sick of buying new products and having nothing working long term. I also don’t want to be in plastic bloomer type pants and yet I feel like this is the best option as I can’t have this in my bed or changing out bed pads and sheets and PJs. I’m so sick of being embarrassed. So sick of all of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:32 am 

LucOllie,

I think I understand the frustration and depression in your post. Incontinence, especially fecal incontinence, is a marathon, not a sprint. The cleanup, the smell, the threat to your skin if your bowel release happened sometime during the night and you have been sleeping in it for hours by the time you awaken, all can become a high mountain to surmount. I have had several pelvic floor physical therapy sessions; they were useful, but the techniques I was taught worked only when I was awake; nighttime was a different story altogether. I work to see myself as victorious over a challenge that would greatly threaten folks whose bodies worked reliably for them. That can be truly heroic, a challenge overcome, and I am carefully proud of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am 

Thank you Patrick,

I guess I just needed to vent. I appreciate the understanding and especially the perspective. You are so correct. I will adapt and adjust again and continue on.