www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:31 pm 

I"ve used cloth pull-up diapers (Kins model10700) with a thin, cheap,disposable diaper as a "liner - to keep stool off the cloth diaper and make laundering easier. Some have asked me about the hassle of using cloth and when I tell them about performance, comfort and cost savings they always say they might give it a go. I use the cheapest disposables for my liner unless I'll be out of the house or at night. Then I use a comfidry 24/7. I hate to think what I would spend if I used nothing but 24/7's. I have bowel accidents all day long (rarely at night) and found cleaning dirty diapers to be a real inconvenience. The "diaper liner", while not as comfortable as just the cloth diaper, makes life easier. I wish they made disposable liners for adults. I've tried the largest infant liners, even using 2 of them. But I always end up with a mess I don't want. Does anyone know of an adult size disposable liner available? I've searched high and low and haven't found any. I've heard suggestions of rice paper bought in rolls and cut to size but haven't tried that yet. It would be so much easier to use something designed for the the purpose. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:48 pm 

I should probably look into this as well. I only use 24/7's and I'm able to manage but I've been told to try cloth for so long now and I just haven't done it. Never worn a cloth diaper in my life. As a baby or now. Just have to do it one day I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 pm 

jack329 wrote:
I"ve used cloth pull-up diapers (Kins model10700) with a thin, cheap,disposable diaper as a "liner - to keep stool off the cloth diaper and make laundering easier. Some have asked me about the hassle of using cloth and when I tell them about performance, comfort and cost savings they always say they might give it a go. I use the cheapest disposables for my liner unless I'll be out of the house or at night. Then I use a comfidry 24/7. I hate to think what I would spend if I used nothing but 24/7's. I have bowel accidents all day long (rarely at night) and found cleaning dirty diapers to be a real inconvenience. The "diaper liner", while not as comfortable as just the cloth diaper, makes life easier. I wish they made disposable liners for adults. I've tried the largest infant liners, even using 2 of them. But I always end up with a mess I don't want. Does anyone know of an adult size disposable liner available? I've searched high and low and haven't found any. I've heard suggestions of rice paper bought in rolls and cut to size but haven't tried that yet. It would be so much easier to use something designed for the the purpose. Any suggestions?

I know how bad it feels, I use confidry 24/7 and I'll be changing 4 or 5 times a day.... Somehow my parents got insurance to cover some of it but it took a long time,
I've worn cloth when I was smaller but eventually my bladder incontinence got so bad that the cloth diapers couldn't really handle it, I started using a really thick youth diaper and at the time none of the thinner brands did really well with how much I wet, so I stuck to disposables since then. Even every night I have a bowel accident and the reason i don't go for cloth is at night I wet a lot more than the day so I don't cloth would be able to do, though correct me if I'm wrong. When I'm not home and at my place it's hard to be doing laundry and all since I have classes to attend to and some other medical issues to deal with.

Sorry I didn't have a solution to your original question,

If you have any suggestion regarding cloth diapers I would really appreciate it,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 am 

Jack,

Disposable adult-size liners seem not to be available. You might using placing a thin cloth booster pad in your cloth diaper for use as a liner. You will mess the booster pad but the cleanup of the main diaper will be easier.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm 

When my GI system is acting up and I feel the need for better bowel protection, I use a ratty diaper that may be years old as the first line of defense under my usual diaper or diaper combination. If it gets so soiled that it does not come clean in the wash, there is no great loss.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:32 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Jack,

Disposable adult-size liners seem not to be available. You might using placing a thin cloth booster pad in your cloth diaper for use as a liner. You will mess the booster pad but the cleanup of the main diaper will be easier.

--John

I knew this is about cloth diapers but somebody recommended doing something like that. There's something called abena fecal pads, I'm wondering whether it would make it easier to clean up and change a confidry 24/7, I'm not sure whether this is really a practical thing for disposables, I mean whether there's a fecal pad or not you dispose both the diaper and the pad anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 pm 

miahere wrote:
JDinVirginia wrote:
Jack,

--John

I knew this is about cloth diapers but somebody recommended doing something like that. There's something called abena fecal pads, I'm wondering whether it would make it easier to clean up and change a confidry 24/7, I'm not sure whether this is really a practical thing for disposables, I mean whether there's a fecal pad or not you dispose both the diaper and the pad anyway.

My voids are so large that stool gets all over the cloth pull-up diaper anyway. I've found that a disposable diaper is the best that I can do for the time being. It kind of defeats the purpose. I have on occasion purchased large Sq. Ft. of a thin cotten fabric. It worked great and felt good against my skin. But it was such a hassle. Out and about I'll use the comfidry 24/7. At home it's just a thin cheap disposable. Sometimes just the 24/7 and plastic pants.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:57 pm 

I wonder, could the large, adult-size pre-moistened wipes be used as diaper liners for fecal incontinence?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:34 am 

been using these for a while. they are airtight for when you need that performance
size is perfect for large adult diapers even when boosted.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2OMZAQ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 am 

Patrick wrote:
I wonder, could the large, adult-size pre-moistened wipes be used as diaper liners for fecal incontinence?

Maybe if the wipe was pull out its package and allowed to dry, it might make a good liner!