Switch to full style
How do you deal with fecal incontinence?
Post a reply

Re: how do you get through the day with increased frequency

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Yes airing out is so important especially because I've been having more bowel accidents. I think the bladder incontinence adds to hire much I have to protect my skin and air it out occasionally. I usually never walk around too long after a bowel accident, I've gotten pretty used to changing in public toilets and if there is a handicap stall although it is time consuming. There have been times I've had two accidents and haven't got to change (was on a bus home and had to wait for my stop and had to awkwardly walk from the stop).

Re: how do you get through the day with increased frequency

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Hey now dog,
Airing out daily is a part of my routine. I too live alone so it's easy to walk around naked and air out. I'm in diapers the rest of the time so it's important for skin health. I can't remember the last time I had a rash so it must be working. I also use Desitin ointment (zinc oxide) at every change. It's an inconvenience but you do what you have to do. My brother who is a physician constantly warns me of rash and subsequent infection. Many health care professionals in the family. 2 nurses, a doctor and 2 nephews in medical school. I get plenty of
unecessary advise. I take their advise never the less. The fact that they show such understanding, even after 20 years is something I'll always appreciate.
Post a reply