www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 am 

Hello everyone, Mia here.
So does anyone experience bowel accidents in the night? I have a bowel every night and don't wake up for it. It's a big clean up in the morning. How is it for your'll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:15 pm 

My bowel accidents while asleep are caused by my paralyzed stomach and the medications and diet I use to manage it. And yes, the morning cleanup is a chore I can do without. Nullo works wonders for me, I guess because of my favorable body chemistry. As a computer major, I envy you and wish I had your competence when I have done something awful on my computer and only discover it a hundred keystrokes later, or the next day.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm 

It's actually made worse by my wettings because in addition to being filled up by a bowel accident it's also soaked.... When I was younger I found it very hard to deal with the clean up by myself. My mother helped me a lot during those times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:20 am 

I think the worst part is thati don't wake up for it, I don't understand how I can sleep through the accident. This is really bad because then throughout the rest of my sleep I'm in a stool filled diaper which isn't the most hygenic situation, luckily the plastic pants deal with the smell so there's no bad smell going around when I wake up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:49 pm 
Admin

Like Patrick, I too take Nullo for fecal odor. I find it removes most offensive smells from my stools if not all. I wear a PUL cover over the diaper. It helps keep things contained including whatever smells may escape. I usually only suffer from occasional fecal incontinence at night. Mine is due to chronic diarrhea with occasional constipation from severe IBS. By day, I suffer from around 2-3 bowel incontinence events per day. I also have dysautonomia and I have very poor sphincter control. I'm sorry to say I'm part of the club. I can agree with you that a urine and fecal filled diaper in the morning is particularly troubling.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:13 pm 

I'm sorry you have to deal with diarrhea,
Last week morning I had that experience >.<
At around 2 in the morning I woke up while having the accident, I've never really woken up for an accident like that. It wasn't diarrhea per say but it was a little runny and soft, it was filling up like a tap....Ugh
In my half asleep state I got myself into my chair and went to the toilet, even while I was on my way to the toilet the diaper was still filling up slowly. The clean up was so bad.........I really feel sorry for people who have this regularly,
At least in the morning my diaper was bm free which was a little nice, it was wet but empty.
I went with some of my friends the night before for a dinner and two of them who had the same Chinese we ordered got really bad diarrhea the same night. So it was definitely from that -.-
That whole week I was terrified to go swimming cause I knew that the swim diaper wouldn't have any effect on loose stool. Luckily I didn't have any loose accidents after that....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:31 pm 
Admin

When swimming, I wear the SOSecure swim diaper. It is very high quality. I do get warning that I'm going to have a bowel accident. If I feel the urge, I get out of the pool immediately. I've never had a bowel accident in the pool. I'm under no illusion that the loose stool would leak out. I have soiled myself on the way to the bathroom as I get very little warning before it comes out. The diaper always holds. I just go to the private showers and clean up, then I rinse the diaper out real good. I keep a spare clean swim diaper in my backpack when I go to the pool. That way, I can keep swimming and enjoying myself with my family.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:37 pm 

Sosecure is what I also use, it's a great diaper, I do relatively intensive swimming so I also wear a swimmates swim diaper underneath just in case.
Unfortunately I don't get any urges, my bowels just let go without any warning :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:21 am 

Hope you all don't mind, but I'd like to ask about the sosecure swim diaper. When I wear mine it always balloons out from filling up with pool water. I have the right size and have it velcro'd on really snug and tight, but that doesn't seem to matter for me. I'm somewhat certain this is from the concave shape of the small of my back, which no matter how tight (or loose) my swim diaper is, that part of my back always lets in water.

Not only does this drag me down in the water, but I literally have to break a leg seal to let it drain when I get out (really embarrassing).

So is there some trick to stopping this that I haven't figured out? I can't really use it till, or if, I do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:40 am 
Admin

Hey Brian. With the sosecure swim diaper, it does catch water. It pools in the bottom. I have not found a way around this. I wear a smaller size that fits pretty tight. It's very stretchy. I wear board shorts to the water park or beach. When it gets water in it, I go to the bathroom or some place where no one is looking and stick two fingers in to break the seal. It lets all the water out. I know for me, with a water filled swim diaper and a wet bathing suit, the fact that I'm wearing some type of diaper is probably pretty evident. Also no matter how often I pull my bathing suit up, the top of it always sticks out the top of my shorts. Frustrating. I just try to have fun and not worry about it. This summer, I was thinking about trying the swim mates because of the ballooning.