Switch to full style
How do you deal with fecal incontinence?
Post a reply

Do you pee as well?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Hello Forum Readers :D

I have moderate bowel incontinence, so I wear nappies (diapers). I hardly ever make it to the toilet for a number 2. Even if it's not that urgent, I usually go in my nappy anyway because I know I am too far from toilets to make it on time and would rather just get rid of the pain.

When I change I usually do a wee on the toilet (I do not have any bladder incontinence) and will wee in the toilet if I am really close to one. But if I am busy or tired or just a long way from toilets, I wee in my nappies too. Like when I am in bed in the morning and reading and I need a big morning wee, I just go. There is no upstairs toilet and I don't want to go all the way down to wee. Infact, come to think of it, I wee more in my nappy than on the toilet. When I change, I am usually very wet as well as poopy.

I am fully bladder continent, It's just more comfort and ease. Seeing as I have the nappy on, I might as well just let it out.

Any other bowel incontinent people here also wet or just me?

Re: Do you pee as well?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Welcome JustMe. From what I've noticed, most everyone who is bowel incontinent is also urinary incontinent. Though you are somewhat in a minority you certainly not alone, especially around here. If you don't mind saying though, did something cause your bowel incontinence while sparing your urinary continence?

As for me, I am mostly urinary incontinent. I do have weakened bowel muscles from years of straining to pee, too many hemorrhoids, and anal bleeding. "Luckily" I can still feel it coming on and can almost always make it to the toilet with a little time to spare. Sometimes I do just use my diaper though, as like you said it is sometimes just easier and more convenient/comfortable.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:24 pm

B Brian wrote:Welcome JustMe. From what I've noticed, most everyone who is bowel incontinent is also urinary incontinent. Though you are somewhat in a minority you certainly not alone, especially around here. If you don't mind saying though, did something cause your bowel incontinence while sparing your urinary continence?

As for me, I am mostly urinary incontinent. I do have weakened bowel muscles from years of straining to pee, too many hemorrhoids, and anal bleeding. "Luckily" I can still feel it coming on and can almost always make it to the toilet with a little time to spare. Sometimes I do just use my diaper though, as like you said it is sometimes just easier and more convenient/comfortable.

I have really bad IBS and Crohn's which is my I am quite bowel incontinent. It all started when I was about 14. I don't mind too much and have gotten used to it

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Welcome JustMe. I'm double incontinent due to pelvic trauma. My incontinence is moderately severe - although I still have partial control, it is not enough.

--John

Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm

JustMe,

Welcome. I am double incontinent, caused by a genetic disease and GI paralysis. I am fecal continent most of the time; however, this can change quickly and without warning when my medications and diet decide to throw a fit.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:57 am

I had kind of the reverse thing.

I have been dealing with urinary incontinence for three and a bit years now, but I have only been dealing with fecal incontinence for about a year.

My disgust reflex was worn down by dealing with a lot of wet diapers, so it was a lot easier to accept that now I was going to just fill my diapers as well as wet them. There was a learning journey but I think it was a lot less traumatic than it would have been if I had had to deal with fecal incontinence first.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello, I'm double incontinent as well, although my bladder control is basically non-existant compared to fecal incontinence, which occurs but on much lower frequency and there is stronger whenever I feel stressed about something or when I have anxiety problems, that's why I'm trying to be more easy-going in life and "chill' more, even though my job and even my personality doesn't really allow me to I'm doing my best to do so.
Post a reply