www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:01 pm 

Ok. Here is the situation people. I have lost ALL desire to EVER use Medicaid diapers again EVER. Therefore, I do not use them. I will use any diaper exepct those provided by Medicaid. I am looking for a disposable to use in conjuntion with my cloth diapers to reduce the amount I wash on a daily basis. The capacity does not have to be very high, because I would use them to contain 1 maybe 2 wettings at most, if those wettings happen to happen within minutes of each other, before changing. We are talking a basic brief with enough absorbency to handle a decent sized wetting but hten immidiately changed. First critera is ablilty to handle any size wetting as long as it is only one wetting. Second is COST. How much does it cost per piece? Options I am considering include Tranquility ATN and Tranquility slimline combined with boosters. Tranquility because it is a brand that I have used and trusted for this type of wear, and predict their use to be good. I think they would be a notch above Attends classic interms of quality. Abena Delta form is another posiblilty, as is Tranquility smart core. Cost is a big factor, second only to performance. Can it handle a 16 oz flood if it has to, but otherwise be cost effective for change when wet? Strongly considering either atn or slimline boosted with tranquility brand boosters. Thoughts? What are y'alls experiencew ith these diapers? I sthere any cheap change when wet solution that has good construction without being too expensive that you swear by?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 pm 

Hello Rob, you might consider the Assurance diaper sold online by Walmart. I used them exclusively for several years when I was in a position where I could readily change into a new diaper. They held two full wettings usually without a problem. They are a cloth backed / breathable style with stretch Velcro side panels. I always wore a waterproof cover with them. Cost is about 51 cents per each. I switched to BetterDry Day as my main diaper for more capacity while out and about and fewer changes during the day, but I still use the Assurance as a backup or when I want some breathability.

Fred

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:29 am 

I have used Walmart's Equate cloth-backed briefs for cheap (in Canada). They're cheaper and more effective than the TENA pull-ups that I have used (though the pull-ups are more convenient at the toilet).