www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 pm 

Crap! Shoot! Dang! Fudge! (you get the idea)

I am pretty upset right now. I just figured out that my booster pads that I've been getting from J and B medical and that I've been using in my diapers are anything but booster pads. They are actually liners meant for light incontinenece and actually have a waterproof back sheet. ALL THIS TIME I though they would allow urine to flow through the pad into the diaper. I began to suspect they were actually a standalone product when I read the packaging and realized that they didn't have a warning that the pad did not have a waterproof backing. I immediately wrote a message to my supplier, asking for actual booster pads.

Although i seriously doubt I was deliberately deceived, I still feel duped. I thought I was receiving one thing when I have in fact been receiving something else.

I still am considerng the guard idea. I don't know if the current pad I get would be as effective as teh guard.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:43 pm 

sociologygeek:
You should give the Guards a try. Be aware that they also have a backing that the wetness will not flow through but they do hold quite bit. The trick is to figure out how often you have to change out the pad. But with this system your diaper gives you a sort of back-up. The really good news is it literally takes just a minute to pull the soaked pad out and replace it with a dry pad. All I can say is this system works great for me, but as always your milage may very.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:18 am 

Padded53 wrote:
sociologygeek:
You should give the Guards a try. Be aware that they also have a backing that the wetness will not flow through but they do hold quite bit. The trick is to figure out how often you have to change out the pad. But with this system your diaper gives you a sort of back-up. The really good news is it literally takes just a minute to pull the soaked pad out and replace it with a dry pad. All I can say is this system works great for me, but as always your milage may very.

Unless they can hold 2 hours worth of my urine, it's pointless. I CAN ask for bathroom breaks, but I really don't want to. Maybe once per half shift, but not every hour. It inconvinences the people that I'm asking to relieve me.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:24 am 

A Guard pad often lasts me 2 hours or more, but obviously this will depend on the volume of your voids in a given time period. A full void for me is only about 250mL so they easily take one full void and sometimes two, and of course you have the main diaper as a back up if they do overflow a bit. The only way to know for sure is to give them a try at home when you have control of your time and full access to a bathroom and see how they work. The cost of a small pack of Guards is very low so you little to lose in giving this method a try.