www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:36 pm 

I noticed that the Ecoable diaper covers i ordered don't cover all of my fitted cloth diaper, especially when I layer them. Layering will be necessary for extended wear, because without a proper diaper cover with only one diaper I had press out after a few wettings.

Seeing how the plastic pants from Adult cloth diaper offered generous coverage, I went ahead and ordered one Leakmaster Deluxe https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PLASTI ... avy-Weight
They cover well, but I noticed there is a lot of plastic pant where there is no diaper underneath. Is that normal? Would I be better off wearing a lesser pant such as ACD's Bikini style pants? Those of you who use fitted diapers or contour diapers, what plastic pant do you find most comfortable?

The comfort isn't bad, its just I'm wondering if its normal to have a pant covering large sections of you body where there is no cloth diaper underneath. The fitted diapers I am wearing are cut like a bikini style almost. What I'm looking for would be a platic pant that covers all of my diaper layers wtihout too much excess. Maybe i will call ACD directly and ask. In the meantime, any input would be most valued.

Peace Out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:38 pm 

Try to remember that cloth diapers work so well partly because they wick, using the whole diaper, not just a middle panel. This means that even the slightest amount of fabric that is not covered will seep moisture onto clothing, bedding, etc. Excess coverage is the best way to deal with that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:56 pm 

in other words, the more coverage the better. I getcha. Where do you get your PP Patrick? how many pairs do you have?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:32 am 

I don't wear a cloth diaper at night (just a cloth insert in a disposable) but i do wear a Leakmaster PUL pant over that. The Leakmasters have the same construction and material as Gary PUL pants but they are a good bit fuller cut than the Gary ActiveWear pants. I also get them a size up (or even two) to make sure I have full coverage at night. I've had a pair for well over two years and they look practically brand new even though I wash them in a washing machine and then tumble dry on low heat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:55 am 

My polyurethane pants are from AngelFluff; my polyurethane/nylon laminate pants are from Comco, which is no longer in business.