Switch to full style
Mentally and physically?
Post a reply

Re: Need help brainstorming y'all. Changing while sitting

Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Patrick - thanks! It’s been a hell of a journey. My incontinence has been just another notch on my belt. I’m actually in therapy now and we have been talking about it. It’s definitely been a blow to my self esteem but I just keep going. I take medicine for bipolar and it’s numbed my emotions. My therapist has said I haven’t grieved the loss of my leg or my incontinence. So we are going through that now.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:34 am

It never occurred to me that loss of bowel and bladder control would entail a grief process. But I can see how it does for many, so you have taught me. Incontinence has kept me so busy that I have not had time to reflect in that way. I thank you, and I thank this forum for this insight.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:39 pm

patrick - yea it never occurred to me either until starting therapy. i was told before my amputation that i would go through a grief process about losing my leg but i thought well ive been incontinent for 5 years since my accident i for sure have dealt with it by now? nope. not at all. im learning that i pushed a lot down these last 5 years. and since i cant get out with this virus (i have a compromised immune system) i havent been to therapy in 2 weeks so i doing a lot of writing.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm

The self reflection that writing entails can be therapeutic. You have time now, and ample impetus to explore your new situation. Good luck and keep us informed.
Post a reply