www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:00 am 

Hey all
I have been avoiding this board to comply with the no internet asceticism part of Exodus 90, but I recently have been having a rough time with my bladder, and this is really the only place I feel comfortable talking about it with those who are in the same boat other than the incontiennce FB groups im a part of, and FB isn't allowed either. So, here I am with one post to vent and to update everyone.

Yesterday and today my bladder seems to be going haywire.. and that means i basically have the control of an infant :( I don't know what causes it, but it is really annoying. I can deal with the every day one or two episodes per day and mostly making it to the toilet. Fine, whatever..i just wear diff undewear. But when I have days like yesterday where I only made it to the toilet twice after MULTIPLE wet diapers it gets to me. Today is shaping up to be a similar day. Its the most emotionally trying part of my inconinence because when I have bad days it disrupts my routine and it leaves me with skin irritation down below.

Also, I had an incident with my bowels :( I teach ESL and i can't really leave the class while teaching. I had 2 times where I had a very sudden urge to have a BM during class . The first time, I was with great pain able to keep everything in until class was over. The second time, I was not so lucky. Despite my best efforts, i could feel fecal matter being pushed out. So, since i was faced with dealing with a soiled diaper either way, i figured i would go ahead and finish the bowel movement and at least be comfortable internally. Thankfully i did not sit in the soiled diaper for very long before getting cleaned up.

Finally there is some good news. I finally have access to a urologist again. I have an appointment in April. Also, I found cloth diapers that work really well for me. They are fitted cloth diapers at ecoable. You might want to try them out yourself: https://ecoable.net/adult-fitted-cloth- ... -big-kids/ I have used their inserts and diaper covers and pullups in the past and ended up sellign them due to the fact that the inserts kept bunching up. But with the fitteds, I can apply the diaper to my body and secure it with snaps. However the diaper is not waterproof. YOu need to wear a cover over it.

Gotta go.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 am 

Here is a wish that the remainder of your retreat will be uneventful. And, yes, bowel releases can be very disrupting. I do not know how folks with colitis and Crohn's manage. I take an internal deodorant with every solid meal, wear the best protection I have when I'm out and about, keep track of the locations of handicapped toilets, and hope for the best. Report back when you return from your retreat.