www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 pm 

Hey guys I wear diapers just in case due to my mild C.P. which affects my walking have a few questions. I wanted to get everyone's opion.

1. Should i be embarssed wearing them weather at night or in the daytime?

2 how do i wear them outside without feeling like awkward like people are staring or if i have an accident in the store i feel like people are gonna be like man this guy in front of me at the register smells?
3. should i feel weirded out
I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks Gabe.
Thanks in advance to everyone who replies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:20 am 

Gabe, I don't want to assess your issue inaccurately or unkindly. Maybe that's the reason why no one else has stepped in here. Therefore, I'll try to address your inquiries @face value.

1. If your volumes/control don't actually merit a need for diapers, maybe a guard, pad or pull-up would work better for you, and would alleviate any embarrassment you feel about wearing diapers. If you actually need diapers to not be housebound, then you should just regard them as a basic solution to your incontinence and get on with your life, IMO.

2. See #1 above, and: To avoid concerns about possible feces or urine odor, I suggest that you wear a backpack containing a few diapers and some cleaning supplies, i.e., wipes, gloves, barrier cream, and a few gallon zip-lock bags when you go out with friends or to run errands, etc. If you have an accident, simply proceed to the disabled stall and clean up. Put your used diaper, wipes and gloves in the plastic bag, zip it up, and place it in the trash. Wash your hands and get back to the action.

3. See #1 above.

W.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:51 am 

Let me add to Wetter's excellent advice. I walk like a drunk, for reasons other than yours. This distracts the attention of folks around me, often long enough to allow me to find a place to wash and change. Also, I take Devrom, an internal deodorant, which, combined with my diapers, has made life much easier. Depending on your body chemistry, Devrom can almost eliminate offensive odor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:47 pm 

Let me add what others have said/emphasises about diapers in general.. Something I have found to be true. If you wear the right diaper and the right clothing, despite you being self conscious no one is the wiser.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 pm 

Wetters wrote:
Gabe, I don't want to assess your issue inaccurately or unkindly. Maybe that's the reason why no one else has stepped in here. Therefore, I'll try to address your inquiries @face value.

1. If your volumes/control don't actually merit a need for diapers, maybe a guard, pad or pull-up would work better for you, and would alleviate any embarrassment you feel about wearing diapers. If you actually need diapers to not be housebound, then you should just regard them as a basic solution to your incontinence and get on with your life, IMO.

2. See #1 above, and: To avoid concerns about possible feces or urine odor, I suggest that you wear a backpack containing a few diapers and some cleaning supplies, i.e., wipes, gloves, barrier cream, and a few gallon zip-lock bags when you go out with friends or to run errands, etc. If you have an accident, simply proceed to the disabled stall and clean up. Put your used diaper, wipes and gloves in the plastic bag, zip it up, and place it in the trash. Wash your hands and get back to the action.

3. See #1 above.

W.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:10 pm 

Patrick wrote:
Let me add to Wetter's excellent advice. I walk like a drunk, for reasons other than yours. This distracts the attention of folks around me, often long enough to allow me to find a place to wash and change. Also, I take Devrom, an internal deodorant, which, combined with my diapers, has made life much easier. Depending on your body chemistry, Devrom can almost eliminate offensive odor.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:10 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
Let me add what others have said/emphasises about diapers in general.. Something I have found to be true. If you wear the right diaper and the right clothing, despite you being self conscious no one is the wiser.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:17 am 

'No one is the wiser.'

At the end of the day, that's what it amounts to.

John.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:34 pm 

john1050 wrote:
'No one is the wiser.'

At the end of the day, that's what it amounts to.

John.

Thanks for your help.