www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 am 

Well.. sorry y'all for being MIA. Life keeps one busy. And there's not much to talk about on here when youre mostly dry and wearing diapers is more of a precautionary measure. Sometimes it honestly feels like I'm an incontinent impostor, that really I don't need these, this is more of a fashion choice.. and then I have days like today and yesterday. Yeah, out of the blue I start wetting myself at random, not even sure of the reason. My bladder was not overly fulll. It has held quite a bit in the past without leaking, so why now? Then yesterday I wake up go to the bathroom after a daytime nap (often necessary due to poor sleeping habits coupled getting up at 5 am for work) and I don't even make it with the diaper down to pee when the floodgates open. Then theres this pain in my bladder afterward. I wish I still had access to an in-town urologist because I'd like to consult them on this. But, alas, now the only urology care will be provided a via a doctor stationed downstate and only comes up here every so often. I suppose it couldn't hurt to make sure my system is A-OK. Perhaps now would be a good time to start cathing regularly again? Every time I cath it seems that a small amount comes out, which is why I have not been cathing. I guess my retention, like my incontinence, is sporadic.

Anyone else deal with sporadic retention and incontinence, and feel like your'e a pretender because you wear all the time but half the time throw away/wash completly dry diapers?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 am 

Welcome back.

If your incontinence is sporadic and unpredictable, no wonder that, when your bladder is behaving itself you feel like a malingerer. But, for too many of us, good days are always followed by bad days. Going without protection is a gamble that could prove unwise at best, or catastrophic at worst. Be glad for the good days, but never forget that a bad day could lurk around the next corner.