www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why do I even try?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 am 

Every time that I think I can go for a time, and wear boxer briefs I end up wetting my pants. I keep thinking someday I'll be dry. How do I convince myself to not worry about it, be done with trying, and just wear a diaper. Sorry, it's just one of those days I guess.

Post subject: Re: Why do I even try?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 am 

As one who has been incontinent of urine and in diapers for many years, I can assure you that acceptance really does make life easier. Needing to wear a diaper is a nuisance, but incontinence is certainly not the worst disability that can befall somebody. I can’t really tell you how to achieve acceptance. It took me several years. But you’ll get there eventually. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:11 pm 

Depending on how much you void when you have an accident you might be able to just wear a very inexpensive pull-up with your boxer briefs over top. That way you could use the bathroom normally but if you had a minor leak you would be protected. Also, visually to you, and anyone else, you would just be wearing regular boxer briefs. Yes of course, you would still know you were wearing protection but you would have the peace of mind that you would not have an embarrassing "external" accident.

Last edited by Padded53 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 pm 

I’ve been incontinent for most of my life, to some degree. There were a few years that I was “mostly” continent, though since those days, my continence has declined to near free flow some days.
Regardless of my neurological and physical defects, short of mind blowing drugs (side effects) or promises of surgical procedures to correct my (birth) defects, I always do my best to control leakage as much as I can.
God knows that I have my days, I’d like to think that I’m doing my best most of the time with the (little) control I have and that makes me feel like I’m not a victim or defective goods.... Sometimes I wonder why God has made life so difficult for me but then I look around and do a self assessment. I’m actually so fortunate to have a wonderful husband, sons, close and extended family, and friends!! I am in excellent shape for a 40 year old and except for urinary leakage, life is good! That’s what I say and believe 95% of the time, but like I said, there are those days where all I want to do is cry. I guess that’s life though.
To all of my friends here, I think I understand most of the issues and can say I get it. I also know there are some that are truly suffering, but know I think of you often.
The weather here (in Texas) is VERY HOT and humid but there are MUCH better days ahead! Let’s all do our best to get through the bad days as well as we can and really appreciate the good ones!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:33 pm 

If you can begin to understand that diapers can be liberating, akin go eye glasses, hearing aids, and crutches, rather than as stigmatizing, life will be less depressing. Diapers enable me to live a nearly normal life; for that I am grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm 

I do the same thing. I fill like I am having a great day and so I think oh you can airout and have some freedom. Next thing you know I get the quick notification and bam you get a clean up in aisle 1. Then my wife will ask how much water I had to drink and reminds me a good day down there just means I have not drank enough water through out the day and she is rite for the most part.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am 

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. You would think after all these years of needing some kind of protection, I would be used to it. I guess it will always be on my mind. Maybe if I would throw away the boxer briefs that I have, I wouldn't have a choice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:13 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
Depending on how much you void when you have an accident you might be able to just wear a very inexpensive pull-up with your boxer briefs over top. That way you could use the bathroom normally but if you had a minor leak you would be protected. Also, visually to you, and anyone else, you would just be wearing regular boxer briefs. Yes of course, you would still know you were wearing protection but you would have the peace of mind that you would not have an embarrassing "external" accident.

this is what I do, wear regular ladyshorts with a lace trim over the pull-up. It makes me feel a little bit more confident. Sometimes I wear regular lingerie, but that is just for a short time at home for special times with my husband or just for me to feel good