www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:00 pm 

For a long time I kept about 3-4 months worth of various disposables in stock. BetterDry for overnight, NS Supremes for days, Abena M4 to wear to the gym, Supreme Lites or similar for "tween times," others for being extra discrete, etc. Cases lived in the garage and bags in my closet. Now I'm reducing down to just a couple types (MegaMax being one) as I am transitioning more to cloth. I have a shelving divider in my closet on which I keep disposables neatly stacked. Cases still go in the garage. Cloth diapers and bed pads go in the dresser, and plastic pants are folded into thirds, rolled up and put in a small dresser drawer. If we are going on a trip, I will stock up ahead of time, but have never waited more than a few days for an order from Northshore, so I feel better about not hoarding diapers. Plus we recently downsized and I just don't have room to store them like I used to.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:44 pm 

I keep 2 months of disposables in my walk-in closet.
I can get a shipment within several days and I re-stock once I get down to 2 months worth of diapers
Depending on my job, my traveling may be frequent or not. Each trip is usually 2-3 days. I order and ship a stock of disposables to the destination hotel. Any diapers left over are brought back home

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 am 

I usually order from NorthShore Care and XP Medial, both extremely reliable in their stocking and shipping of the premium diapers I wear. I used to keep about a two-month supply of diapers, but with Amazon Prime also providing quick shipment of premium diapers and also superabsorbent diapers, such as the Inspire +In Control I wear at night, I now keep only about a three-week supply.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 pm 

If I were to strictly be using only disposable, I probably have a 4-5 month supply.

With being able to see a much brighter light coming into view at the end of my working tunnel - retirement in the next 3 months :D :) - I decided to purchase more cloth diapers; I expect to increase using those quite a bit more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 am 

Difficult to answer accurately.
Disposables.
I do stock up on disposables, in various categories, and usually I buy in bulk - cheaper that way.
My storage consists of usually 3-4 bags of disposables that I use for work situations, then another 3 bags I use when I need to be in the same diaper for prolonged time >8 hours. That provides me with 3-4 months of supply.

Then on top of my storage, I store additionally bags with diapers I haven't had any experience with, yet. Usually one bag of each brand. I do this because companies tend to discontinue products all the time. So I use these bags to do test runs occasionally, simply to be on the safe side. Some brands I'll never consider again, others may become my new goto work diaper.

Cloth diapers
I have sufficient on hand which have now lasted me years. Again different types, spanning from pre-folds to contour to pull-up's
On top of that, diaper boosters.

Waterproof pants, also sufficient on storage to have me covered.

I know it seems to be alot, but when considering, I need to be protected 24/7, then the turnaround time is really not that long, at least not for the disposables...although I do use what I call a hybrid diaper setup, cloth diaper boosters in my disposables. that greatly extends the capacity of any disposable product.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 pm 

I’m lucky, because I make it to negotiate a monthly in stead of a 3 monthly delivery from my supplier. This packages where a real problem because I live in a small apartment in the inner city and don’t have that much room to store that many pads and diapers...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:34 am 

my basement probably has 15 cases left of ID Slip Maxi. several Northshore Air supreme cases and a couple cases of the Max Briefs stacked up.
the other major item is AMMO. cases and cases and tons of shelving of that. id like my basement back from all the incontinence stuff but when Gary sold XP Med. he put tons of stuff on ebay
and I snatched up as many of the ID Slip Maxi cases he had avail in my size. I will run out eventually then probably stick to the Airsupreme frorm NS.
when that happens I will have most of my room back down there. pushed all my reloading stuff to one corner to accommodate the briefs.
my motto is buy cheap and stack it deep.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:36 am 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
the other major item is AMMO. cases and cases and tons of shelving of that.

Yup. I'm actually starting to run low on plinking ammo these days. What do you shoot?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:42 am 

doogles wrote:
fanoftherichISC wrote:
the other major item is AMMO. cases and cases and tons of shelving of that.

Yup. I'm actually starting to run low on plinking ammo these days. What do you shoot?

tad bit off topic but 5.56 7.62x51/54/39 .40 .380 .45 9MM 50BMG and a boat load of 22
and load 556 the .308 45 40 9 380

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:34 am 

I keep a bag or two of the various diapers, boosters and other supplies I use in a cabinet in my walk-in closet. As I posted previously I had an opportunity to purchase a lot of the diapers I like to use at wholesale/cost and I keep those extra cases in a nearby storage unit.