www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diaper question
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:04 pm 

[color=#00FF80]Hey guys I got my diaper order from northshorecare yesterday and I asked for some samples I asked for betterdry in large my questions are 
1. Does anybody notice the tapes pop off not totally but pop off like you have to just stick it back on?
2. This question has to do with sizing what size should I wear I am a 32x32 when I wear pants or sweatpants? 

3. I am wondering lets say i put on a diaper that is not used has no wrinkles except when you start to put it on its it normal that even though the front has no wrinkles is it normal that the front that you pull between your legs starts to get wrinkled as i move and walk kink of like pants when you wash them and fold them they have no wrinkles then when you start moving they beginning to get wrinkles? 
Thanks in advance I look forward to hearing from you thanks Gabe 
No negative comments please.
[/color][/color]

Post subject: Re: diaper question
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 am 

Yes, I've had BD as well as other brands tapes pop off or slide down - eventually sticking to my leg. This usually happens with the lower tapes. I seem to have more luck with the diapers with a landing strip, like the NS MegaMax or Rearz Inspire.

As to your sizing question: Check the sizing charts. I think you would do well to move down to a medium. While different brands fit differently, I believe a M will work better for youand will also help with your third question. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:50 am 

5bugles wrote:
Yes, I've had BD as well as other brands tapes pop off or slide down - eventually sticking to my leg. This usually happens with the lower tapes. I seem to have more luck with the diapers with a landing strip, like the NS MegaMax or Rearz Inspire.

As to your sizing question: Check the sizing charts. I think you would do well to move down to a medium. While different brands fit differently, I believe a M will work better for youand will also help with your third question. Good luck!

Thanks for your help :D

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:45 am 

5bugles wrote:

I've had the same issue. I have very thick thighs and a narrower waist, so my lower tapes tend to work loose over time. That said, brands that have that landing strip are maybe the best innovation in the last five years. I have found that TotalDry is my preferred brand.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:22 am 

I have found that ANY oils (of any kind) or powder (really any contamination) on your hands, tapes, or landing area will cause tapes to have adhesion issues. If I’m going to be more active than usual and choose tape disposable, I sometimes use wide tape, like packing tape, to secure to top and bottom tabs. The issue there is that I can’t temporarily remove or adjust the diaper.
Normally I strongly prefer cloth anyway but if I’m real active and/or outside in hot and/or humid weather, cloth is the only good option for tape issues, bunching, uncomfortable (hot), etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 am 

Ellyn wrote:
I have found that ANY oils (of any kind) or powder (really any contamination) on your hands, tapes, or landing area will cause tapes to have adhesion issues. If I’m going to be more active than usual and choose tape disposable, I sometimes use wide tape, like packing tape, to secure to top and bottom tabs. The issue there is that I can’t temporarily remove or adjust the diaper.
Normally I strongly prefer cloth anyway but if I’m real active and/or outside in hot and/or humid weather, cloth is the only good option for tape issues, bunching, uncomfortable (hot), etc.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am 

Ellyn wrote:

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:14 am 

I have found that if you must use lotion, I apply the lotion to my fingertips, trying to avoid my index finger. Then I apply the lotion as needed with just those fingers. Then, when I've wiped off my hands, there is minimal to zero lotion on the fingers I use to tape, especially my thumbs.

I generally don't use powder except on my inner thighs, and only after I've taped up.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:03 am 

doogles wrote:
I have found that if you must use lotion, I apply the lotion to my fingertips, trying to avoid my index finger. Then I apply the lotion as needed with just those fingers. Then, when I've wiped off my hands, there is minimal to zero lotion on the fingers I use to tape, especially my thumbs.

I generally don't use powder except on my inner thighs, and only after I've taped up.

Thanks for the help.