Switch to full style
Mentally and physically?
Post a reply

Accident and disability

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 am

have a question for you because of my cp it makes it difficult from time to time to reach the bathroom because of my walking I so I wear diapers just in case, let's say I wear my diaper but I have an accident just a wetting accident what is the best way to clean up like do I have to take a full shower every time or can I just get a pack of wipes and use those if I don't feeling taking a shower at the time also I have had bowel accidents from time to time but mostly I am able to use the bathroom like normal what is the best way to clean up after a bowel accident like do I need to take a shower or can I use wipes sorry if I'm being repetitive. I look forward to hearing from you thanks Gabe.

Re: Accident and disability

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am

Because I wear cloth when I'm at home, overnight I sometimes go a full eight hours between changes. When my GI system is acting up, a bowel discharge may shorten that time, and make a shower necessary. During the day, if I can use the toilet every 45 to 60 minutes, I can make my protection last longer. Clean-ups during the day in which I simply wash and change are usually adequate to prevent odor and rash. I do, however, keep myself shaved and use a zinc oxide ointment (Desitin) at every change possible.

Re: Accident and disability

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:59 am

Patrick wrote:Because I wear cloth when I'm at home, overnight I sometimes go a full eight hours between changes. When my GI system is acting up, a bowel discharge may shorten that time, and make a shower necessary. During the day, if I can use the toilet every 45 to 60 minutes, I can make my protection last longer. Clean-ups during the day in which I simply wash and change are usually adequate to prevent odor and rash. I do, however, keep myself shaved and use a zinc oxide ointment (Desitin) at every change possible.
Post a reply