www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:35 am 

On a FB incontinence support group I'm a part of (Yes they do exist and no you don't have to worry about people finding out youre a part of one, they are closed and some are secret) a member posted a pic of cases they ordered from XP Medical. The point was he was making light of the discreet packaging. On one of the handholds of the Abena case, there was a hole, and you could clearly see on a closeup the drawing on the package of a diaper plus the x and 12, meaning 12 briefs/diapers to a bag. Now, this guy was taking it all in stride and didn't really mind the fact that this was like this. One user posted "It's a case of really large bow ties." When I read that I cracked up lauging. Now whenever I order Abena, I say I'm ordering some large bow ties, and posted as such when I ordered a case of Abena when my bladder started going haywire while i was teaching today. For the most part, whether or not I have coffee, I am usually dry throughout class. But recently the revolving door has shifted again, and now my bladder is acting like im 1 year old. Sigh.. The only trigger that I can think of is drinking coffee.. But that doesnt explain the 2 wet diapers during class yesterday. On days like this i know whats coming.. I batten down the hatches, pad up and keep the disposables handy. Its for days like this that I have multiple bags deliverered to me when i do diaper deliveries from mediciad. But I digress.

So, anyone dare to actually put on abena as a bow tie around your neck? No? How about on your head? You could be Lawrence of Diaperabia. Ive actually done that and taken pictures.. just to be goofy. Sometimes the mental stress of incontinence requires us to laugh at ourselves and be silly.

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:14 am 

I saw that post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:43 am 

How does one find these secret FB groups?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:50 pm 

Justej, in the case of a secret group a group member would have to invite you. The difference between a secret group and a closed group is that the group doesn't show up in the search bar when you search for it. Do you have a FB account? If so feel free to add me. I will PM you my Facebook page.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:25 pm 

99% percent that was my post you saw on FB. I remember someone making the Bowtie comment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:37 am 

Acceptance is the answer. Acceptance does not mean approval. What IS .. IS. Accept it and get on with living life as it is meant to be lived. Tewi