www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:01 pm 

Thanks for the help everyone also ca. I add you guys who replied as friends on here? I look forward to hearing from everyone thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:56 am 

It's important to ensure that you are using the correct size. With the tapes not reaching, it could be that you are on the very end of medium size range and need to go up to a large. I realized for me personally this was the case when my pocket diapers and disposables stopped fitting well. Yes I had gained weight and had a larger waist, but barring that, i still had a larger hip size than some products accomodate in the medium size. Not saying necessarily you are using the wrong size, but it might help to troubleshoot if you double check the measurements.

And i can totally relate to confusion with posiiton for application. Most of the time i put a fresh diaper on standing up. The most important thing to make sure is you have a good seal at the legs with no gaps to avoid leaks. Good luck!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:21 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
It's important to ensure that you are using the correct size. With the tapes not reaching, it could be that you are on the very end of medium size range and need to go up to a large. I realized for me personally this was the case when my pocket diapers and disposables stopped fitting well. Yes I had gained weight and had a larger waist, but barring that, i still had a larger hip size than some products accomodate in the medium size. Not saying necessarily you are using the wrong size, but it might help to troubleshoot if you double check the measurements.

And i can totally relate to confusion with posiiton for application. Most of the time i put a fresh diaper on standing up. The most important thing to make sure is you have a good seal at the legs with no gaps to avoid leaks. Good luck!

Thanks for yourr help.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:42 pm 

This is a bit older topic, but I've experienced confusion too. Mostly with pull-ons. I tend to get them on back to front. Tena added (and I like to believe this was de to my feedback, khrhrm!) small white "maker's mark" in the inside of the back of their Men Active Fit pull-ons, which helped. Molicare gave me a problem. I thought htat hte striped elastic waistband was to go to the back. A package later I noticed that they had printed a "back" text to the unstriped side. So, whereas most pull-ons have the stripes in the back, Molicare has them reversed. Awkward... And I thought they were just ill-fitting.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 pm 

Überaktive wrote:
This is a bit older topic, but I've experienced confusion too. Mostly with pull-ons. I tend to get them on back to front. Tena added (and I like to believe this was de to my feedback, khrhrm!) small white "maker's mark" in the inside of the back of their Men Active Fit pull-ons, which helped. Molicare gave me a problem. I thought htat hte striped elastic waistband was to go to the back. A package later I noticed that they had printed a "back" text to the unstriped side. So, whereas most pull-ons have the stripes in the back, Molicare has them reversed. Awkward... And I thought they were just ill-fitting.

Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 am 

I have found that practicing putting a disposable diaper on is really useful when I must change in the booth of a public restroom.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:48 am 

Patrick wrote:
I have found that practicing putting a disposable diaper on is really useful when I must change in the booth of a public restroom.

Thanks again for help :D

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:49 am 

Padded53 wrote:
Here's a tip that may help...

As others have said first prep the diaper by folding it lengthwise to form a V-shaped channel. Then stand against a wall with the back of the diaper between you and the wall and bring the front of the diaper forward between your legs. But before applying the first tape reach "waaaay back under" and physically make sure the leak guards and elastic gathers are not twisted and are resting firmly against your body/legs and not riding up on anything else. Only then should you pull the front top of the diaper firmly upwards and apply the tapes. Personally I apply the top tapes first. They will hold the diaper in place and give me time to get the general fit of the diaper, and position of the lower tapes just right. However most apply the bottom tapes first, which is fine, and you will just have to experiment to find which method works best for you.

When you do the "fit check" you will find that much of the time the gathers were not resting firmly in contact with your body/leg which is absolutely critical to prevent leaks. Give this a try, you just might be surprised to find that the fit in this critical leak prone area isn't quite as good as you thought.

This is a really good method!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:41 am 

[quote="Padded53"]Here's a tip that may help...

As others have said first prep the diaper by folding it lengthwise to form a V-shaped channel. Then stand against a wall with the back of the diaper between you and the wall and bring the front of the diaper forward between your legs. But before applying the first tape reach "waaaay back under" and physically make sure the leak guards and elastic gathers are not twisted and are resting [u]firmly[/u] against your body/legs and not riding up on anything else. Only then should you pull the front top of the diaper firmly upwards and apply the tapes. Personally I apply the top tapes first. They will hold the diaper in place and give me time to get the general fit of the diaper, and position of the lower tapes just right. However most apply the bottom tapes first, which is fine, and you will just have to experiment to find which method works best for you.

When you do the "fit check" you will find that much of the time the gathers were not resting firmly in contact with your body/leg which is absolutely critical to prevent leaks. Give this a try, you just might be surprised to find that the fit in this critical leak prone area isn't quite as good as you thought.[/quote]

I also use this method but I do the bottom tapes first. One additional step I take is just before taping the top tapes I pull the diaper up to make sure it is snug in the crotch. This makes sure the leak guards and elastic are in contact with my skin. At night, I add a Northshore booster to my MegaMax diaper and rarely have any leakage at all and can sleep all night. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:53 am 

jed51 wrote:
Padded53 wrote:
Here's a tip that may help...

As others have said first prep the diaper by folding it lengthwise to form a V-shaped channel. Then stand against a wall with the back of the diaper between you and the wall and bring the front of the diaper forward between your legs. But before applying the first tape reach "waaaay back under" and physically make sure the leak guards and elastic gathers are not twisted and are resting firmly against your body/legs and not riding up on anything else. Only then should you pull the front top of the diaper firmly upwards and apply the tapes. Personally I apply the top tapes first. They will hold the diaper in place and give me time to get the general fit of the diaper, and position of the lower tapes just right. However most apply the bottom tapes first, which is fine, and you will just have to experiment to find which method works best for you.

When you do the "fit check" you will find that much of the time the gathers were not resting firmly in contact with your body/leg which is absolutely critical to prevent leaks. Give this a try, you just might be surprised to find that the fit in this critical leak prone area isn't quite as good as you thought.

I also use this method but I do the bottom tapes first. One additional step I take is just before taping the top tapes I pull the diaper up to make sure it is snug in the crotch. This makes sure the leak guards and elastic are in contact with my skin. At night, I add a Northshore booster to my MegaMax diaper and rarely have any leakage at all and can sleep all night. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help.