www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm 

Hey guys I am wondering what brand of diapers/pull-ups should i get to manage my incontinence? what do you guys use? I look forward to hearing from you guys Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:20 pm 

Gabe:
Unfortunately without a good bit more information about your level of incontinence and under what circumstances you will be using them (i.e. at work, at home, during activities, etc.) it's really impossible to say specifically which would be best for you. There is a huge number of pull-ups out there, some have very little capacity but might be OK if you are just at home, others may work for you for activities outside the home. Please give us more information about your circumstances and needs and I'm sure you'll get quite a number of helpful responses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:35 pm 

hey guys I am double incontinent not as severe, just have truble making it to bathroom from time to time because if cp I will be using my pull-ups everyday, when i'm out and about, at home not so much as i wear regular uinderwear as well, I hope this info is helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:27 am 

If you are having both bladder and bowel issues I would reccomend tapped diapers while you are out and about as a premium diaper with tall leg gathers will be needed to contain a bowel movment. I wear betterdry diapers to manage my incontinence issues and I have unfortunately had to also deal with unexpected bowel movments so far the diapers have contained everything due to the taller leg gathers.

Taped diapers may seem to be an over kill protection wise but being able to trust your diaper to do its job when needed is worth it even if you do not have to use the diaper its still worth the cost for the just incase.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 am 

As all of us experienced wearers know "it's better to be safe than sorry". Even if you don't have to use your diaper all the time it's a huge stress relief to know you are protected just in case of an accident and that's why you should wear something 24/7.

In your case it sounds like almost any store brand pull-up that has standing leak guards will work for you around the house. CVS/Walgreens Certainty brand pull-ups (they call them "Underwear") is an example and they are reasonablely priced and available virtually everywhere. For out and about you should be wearing a premium pull-up at the minimum, Northshore Care Supply Go Supreme, Abena Abri-Flex, and Molicare Mobile are examples. These premium pull-ups will easily handle a flood or two but will be marginal at best to contain a bowel movement. For that reason alone I agree with Robert H and think that a premium tape-up diaper is probably what you should be using when out of the house. Examples of these are BetterDry, ComfiDry 24/7, and Northshore Supreme, any of these should keep you well protected in case of an bladder or bowel accident.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:44 pm 

gabe if you are in the usa i would look at northshore they have a nice line up of pull ups and diapers under their name aka store brand if you will

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:48 pm 

Thanks for your help.
mattwp wrote:
gabe if you are in the usa i would look at northshore they have a nice line up of pull ups and diapers under their name aka store brand if you
will