www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:37 pm 

Ok, mods forgive teh multiple posts on the same subject, but the post where i first mentioned it was more of an update summary in general, and the follow up posts talked about the diaper itself. I did not metnion where to get it.

Well, the suspense is over. For those willing to try it here it is : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/happy-f ... 85557.html They come in 4 sizes, from XS to L. The site advertises 5 but I don't see XL in stock. The size ranges are listed in centimeters, so you will have to convert to find your size. Keep in mind also the rise of the diaper. I say this because i could techiclaly fit a size medium according to the size chart, but I don;t know if the diaper would be high enough to cover my butt. I am a 44 inch waist, and i find that the Large fits well. Keep in mind im 6 3 1/2.

By itself without inserts, the diaper is roughly comparable to a midrange disposable. The built in absorbent pad is a 4 layer microfiber pad. The beauty of this diaper is you can either wear it as a mid range diaper like that and change after a few wettings, or you can add inserts in between the absorbent pad and the PUL shell. According to the site you can even add disposable inserts. I have recnetly field tested it with flour sack towels and it works well.
They only cost 22 dollars a piece, so it is definitely worth your while to try them. They come from China, so shipping takes a while. But i dont remember waiting too long for shipping.
I already know they absorb and contain well, what I don't know is how the material will hold up over time. I put my 3 in teh wash a while ago and took note and removed any loose threads. If tehre are loose threads when they come out. then my recommendation will have to be revised.
Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:48 pm 

the thing about these or any that use the velcro to close them up is the velcro gets junk in it and will soon not work after just a few washes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm 

Actually, no.

If you look closely at the picture the diapers have laundry tabs which prevent not only the diapers from sticking together, but they also prevent anything from sticking to the velcro. The best part of the velcro is that even the hook part is less scratchy than the regular ones. Unlike other velcro diapers I have worn these have a wide enough pad that NONE of the velcro touches my skin. they are the most comfortable diapers I've ever worn hands down.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II