www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:18 am 

I officially consider the body worn urinal out of the testing phase, as far as my teaching goes. Near the end of the first class this morning (I only had one so far today, usually i teach 2) I felt my bladder was full.. and my bladder was spasming. Figuring i was going to wet one way or another, and unlike a diaper if the urinal is used my skin would be virtually dry, i voluntarily relaxed and voided into the urinal. It held a near 200 millileter (Sorry, the bag was in ML, chinese use metric system) thats 6 ounces. im sure the leg bag could contain a lot more. But this was the first time it was tasked to contain a larger output while sitting. I made sure that my penis was in correct postion, and it performed admriably. Every time i have worn and used it sitting in a chair or stsanding, it has succesfully contained the urine and transferred it to the bag. my skin does feel slightly wet on my penis, but that is a far cry from having to sit in urine. This makes me want to not only try the Afex system when september comes, but also the McGuire urinal. perhaps each is useful in different situations. I will look into it.

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:22 am 

Congratulations and best wishes on making an external catheter work. My life would be much easier if I could make them work. My most memorable accidents happened when externals came unglued.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:13 am 

Patrick, its actually NOT a condom catheter. It is a device similar to a Mcguire urinal or the Afex system. I tried the external catheter systems, both traditonal condom catheters and Mens liberty with disastrous results. With this body worn urinal, there is NO adhesive. It works really well as long as the urinal stays vertical and you perodically check that the penis is still in there. I am mainly utilizing it when i am sitting in front of my computer teaching in the morning. This is wherei stand to need protection the most, as I usually drink copius amounts of coffee to wake up, and we all know what an irritant that can be. I really like being able to not worry about having to sit in a wet diaper if i do have an episode. Given my voiding patters, it usually does happen during class so its really good to have a system that works. I would NOT recommend it for a laying or sitting on the floor postion or high activity as there is a chance the penis can slip out. But for around the house sitting in a chair or standing it would work great and would save on diapers. they have versions for men and women.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II