www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 pm 

Even though I had a leak yesterday I though id try the urinal again because it worked well when i was sitting and when i was standing. I think what happened is I may have inadvertently had the valve open. Not sure why its on the urinal, but it seems to stay closed now. I will test it again in a legs to side postion again in front of my tv and see how it contains. For the most part, as long as the ties are tied, my penis is staying in the urinal. Confort is pretty good, but not preftect. Velcro scratches my skin, but if i can do my work sitting in front of my computer and not have to wear diaeprs and sit in my urine if i have an episode during class, i can deal with a slight scratch on my skin.

Since i am so far having pretty good success, i will post the link so you can try it too. Best part is, they dont just make them for men! So ladies too can try this! Really you have nothing to lose. It only costs 6 dollars. The instructions are in Chinese, but really, if youre at all familar with urinal/external catheters, the assembly and use of the unit is pretty much self explanatory.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Reusabl ... autifyAB=0

Here it is. It is coming from China so if you decide to get it allow 2 3 weeks or so for shipping. Shipping costs nothing.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 pm 

Results are in! Drumroll please...

Very effective in leak free urine containment sitting in a chair and standing traditional positons. Will leak if in a leg to the left postion on the floor, and most likely any sitting positon whne not in a chair it makes sense becausethe postion does not keep the urinal in a positon where gravity lets it drain into the bag. As long as youkeep the urinal vertical it will not leak. This is awesome. It means i will be able to be almost completly dry while teaching. There is some residual urine in the urinal sometimes. Unlike the afex system, it does not have a double wall that keeps urine from the skin. I now have Medicare, and medicare covers Afex. im seriously considering trying afex given my success with the CHinese system. You don't know what it would mean to get some reprieve from 24/7 diaper use. Not having urine on my skin..
Peace out!

ROb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 am 

First time wearing the urinal while teaching, and it works well. I am wearing underwear over the urinal and they are staying dry! I don't think i will wear the urinal all day because the edge of the urinal rubs against my penis, but for a few hours it is definitely tolerable and preferable to sitting in my own urine by way of diapers.

Again, if anyone is looking for an alternative for diapers when they are airing out, i STRONGLY recommend it!