www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:31 pm 

For those of you who use traditional cloth, how do you deal with the fact that the diaper does not keep urine from the skin? Do some of you have reduced sensation down there? I have worn them and used them and found that they just were not comfortable when wet. I guess my skin must be extra sensitive, which is ironic because when I was a baby my mom said she would find dried blood on my legs. Yet I didn't say anything. I guess i had a high pain tolerance.

While we are on the subject, its hard for me to tolerate a wet diaper even if it is confidry for more than say 3 wettings. Am I alone in that? those of you who are severly incontinent to the point of not making it ot the toilet at all and dependent on premium brands, how do you go long periods between changing and still feel comfortable? For me, i go overboard on absorbency because i have found the more absorbent it is, the more comfortable I am when wet.

By the way, I'm resuming testing the urinal now the supporter has been washed and dried. Will post results.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:03 pm 

Rob,

I use premium diapers with booster pads to near their capacity. I always apply a barrier cream even when wearing cloth diapers at night. You will need to experiment to find what works for you. Options range from a thin layer of virgin coconut oil to zinc oxide creams like Desitin. Coconut oil is cloth-friendly. Zinc oxide creams can build up and require more laundering but provide more protection.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:07 pm 

I pay particular attention to those areas of my skin that, from long experience, are most likely to develop rash first. I shave religiously, wash carefully at every possible change, and use Desitin when I can. I avoid the buildup of zinc oxide ointment by using a pre-wash spray on the areas of accumulation.