www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:55 pm 

Well..when it comes to the briefs or underwear issue..my mind is made up..id rather just wear breifs..to that end..ive orederd a variety pack from HDIS.. and so far..my faves are attends.. not suprising..since attends are reputated to be very comfortable..i think with my issues i can get away with the lower absobency of attends with waistband..i defintely don't need molicare or abena.. i like attends better than depend..well thats a given..ANYTHING is better than depend.. despite wearing diapers..im still gonna use the toilet as often as possible..but..i think for protection, briefs are by far the best option..

any ideas on using the toilet whilst wearing briefs would be much appreciated.. i'm a complete novice!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: Full brief diaper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:28 am 

Rob,
You made a good move trying HDIS. I buy my diapers from them on their personal delivery plan. The Attends aren't that bad. I use to love those untill they changed the design.
I use the Tranquility brand now from HDIS. They are adequate for my needs. The folks at HDIS are very nice and will accomadate you in any way.
As far as trying to go to the toilet with your diaper on, I just untape the top of one side, and just scoot the diaper down. Not too hard.
Good luck in your search!! ..............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:35 am 

Thanks paul! Yeah..i tried tranquility.. not bad.. doesn't seem to fit me well though.. i like the 3 tape design much better than the 2 tape design.. didn't the original attends have leak guads? I like the attends with waistband and the attends breathable.. I'm somewhat torn between the two.. its a bummer..the only diapers with 3 tapes. are the ones that are sticky.. andthe ones that are breathable with re doable tabs dont have a waistband about unduing the top tape of teh diaper.. how hard is it to get it back on? attends seem to stick once and then tear once u undo em.thats one advantagage the breathable has against the waistband.. is ease of using the toilet. Waistband has better fit.. but its kind of hot.. im really kinda torn between attends waistband and attends breathable..both are excellent products with their pros and cons. Attends breathable may be better in the summer time.. perhaps wear attends waistband when i feel i cant go to the toilet for extended periods? and just bring extras and change when convinent? Hmm.. its possible..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:58 am 

u know somethin funny? I was gonna consider buying reassure briefs from HDIS..until i realized that their reassure super is identical to the briefs i can get at Walgreens! im not paying that price for somethin i can easily get at a strore.. reassure ultra is also similar to walgreens i think.. well.. now i know what NOT to get.. which is just as important knowing what TO get.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 am 

I've been bowel and bladder incon for several years due to a spinal cord injury. I don't let my incon manage me, I manage it by changing 3, or 4 times at time intervals. I found things worked better for me this way, but different people have different needs and different daily agendas. What works best for me may not work for others so do whatever you think works best for you.

Just my thoughts. :idea: