www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feeling the strain...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:59 pm 

Ok, its been years since i felt somewhat powerless with incontinence. Up until recently, I had a cost effective well working management system. My diaper expenses were down. for those of you who don't know, I was using pocket diapers with very good results.. until I gained back the weight I lost. All the diapers in my inventory got tight fitting. That forced me to pay for Tranquility ATN out of pocket. Just recently I found out that medicaid will cover deccent brands(Attends and Tena) But hold the phone.. Tena doesn't come in my size! Attends thankfully does. If it didn't id be at the mercy of getting prior approval. THe urnial was workng well,until it suffered a mishap and the bag detached from the tube.

It just seems that my incontinence management skills and trying to find effective cost redcucting solutions has just come to a stop. It was magnified when i was browsing online for pocket diapers, and everywhwere I turnd the products i was looking for are out of stock.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel however. I am selling both sets of my pocket diapers and will soon have roughtly $198 to play with for at least starting a cloth inventory. Also, come septenber, I will be on medicare and medicare coverers the Afex system. Given that the chinese urnial was effective I'm hoping the Afex will be as if not more so, at least for around my house and working in front of my computer.
I know things will get better..its just today is one of the dayys where im remindendd of the enormous expense that incontinence generates.

Thanks for letting me vent. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you pray.

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:18 am 

i feel for ya. at least in the state your in the state medicade gives decent diapers the state of PA only gives covien diapers and they are bad the wings pull right from the diaper the tapes either break or come right off the back of the diaper not a brand i would recomend to anyone.