www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:30 am 

My days of being mostly dry but only having a few episodes are over. Made it to the toilet once, and wet 3 diapers today already. maybe this pattern will continue troughou the week mayb eit wont.. but im SO glad i bouught conidry..

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:44 pm 

Yeah, I was bummed when the VA made me switch from ConfiDry 24/7 to the Abena L4 poly backed diaper. Those diapers rock!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:57 am 

Feel your pain. Totally diaper dependent now. It is to the point where I go to the bathroom and stare at the toilet while wetting because I will spray all over if I try to drop the diaper enough to use the toilet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:09 am 

I'm beginning to wonder if I should give in to diaper dependency as well. I had an issue the other day when I was about to have a nuclear stress test for my heart. I went to the bathroom to try and pee, and as I was pulling my penis out from under the diaper, I peed all over my shorts. As a result, everyone that was administering the test saw what had happened. I explained to everyone that I needed to wear diapers due to a history of poor control along with my recent prostatectomy. They didn't seem to be bothered. So, when I thought that I could have this test with my diaper being undetected didn't work out. As I thought about it later, everyone would have seen the waistband of the diaper anyway. I keep trying to keep this "new normal" in my life secret, but maybe I'm just kidding myself. Sorry for all this detail. I guess I got on kind of a roll.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 pm 

Thanks for the detail. For too many of us, myself included, the issue is not whether we can keep our situation private, but when our incontinence will out us in some way. Medical professionals see this every day they come to work; it's a much bigger deal for us than for them. And as manufacturers discover how much money they can make by supplying our needs, we are discovering that millions and millions of us are out there, doing our thing as best we can.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:30 pm 

Thanks for your insight. I'm working on accepting my issues, and how to make it known to those that need to know. The list of those that know of my incontinence seems to be growing. It is what it is I guess. 8
]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:11 am 

dp66 wrote:
Thanks for your insight. I'm working on accepting my issues, and how to make it known to those that need to know. The list of those that know of my incontinence seems to be growing. It is what it is I guess. 8
]

Don’t forget to let your water company know. They can use this information in the planning when works are carried out to ensure that us folk with incontinence are not disadvantaged. A good number of years ago works were carried out that ment water was cut off for large chunks of time those customers with special situations like incontinence were given dedicated supplies it was quite funny seeing lengths of blue pipe everywhere.

Greenbank