www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am 

Hey all,

Was wearing a Tranquility ATN this morning while teaching.. that has been my go-to diaper as of late..my bladder has been behaving itself, I haven't really needed extended wear solutions, and im still trying to lose weight to fit into some of my pocket diaper inventory. I can fit into the diapers from A&A (aka Adapt and accept.. the ones i first bought) and the ones from happy endings, but the diapers from missingkinks/monkadunk are still tight. I was wearing the tranquility I put on last night, forgetting to change to a new one. Its never wet, just need to be changed due to padding breakdown or whatnot. but since i rarerly ever have an episode sitting down (most happen while i am standing, I didn't worry about it. But on the fourth class today, I got that spasm in my bladder that lets me know uh oh.. i was protected of course, but the padding had broken down. I leaked.. not the biggest deal, since i was at home but i had to sit in it for several minutes while i tought class. Sure enough, the padding had broken down. Do yall think this is what caused the leak? Or is tranquility ATN not very well suited for protecting sitting? since teaching esl online is my livelyhood and I sit at minum 1 hour at a time while working, I need to know my protection is reliable.. yes, im at home but I don't want to be sitting in a puddle trying not to squirm or look uncomforable while i have to teach class.. So,whats your top pick for a diaper that you rely on for sitting/lying down?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:46 am 

I've had the same kind of problems with ATN's leaking. I don't think it's necessarily the clumping, which they do quite often and I'm sure doesn't help keep them from leaking. Might also be the fact that the leak guards are fairly small. However in my case they just don't seem to fit me quite right at the rear lower legs.
I've had no problems with leaks while sitting with Better Dry, Dry 24/7, or Abena L4 (plastic backed).

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:17 pm 

I should have said.. in a more economical price than abena confidry or better dry. Im thinking a mid range diaper like tena or molicare super maxi.. or even seni super would that fit the bill?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 pm 

Northshore supremes. I've never had a problem. Not as cheaply priced as tranquility but not too expensive.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:48 am 

justej wrote:
Northshore supremes. I've never had a problem. Not as cheaply priced as tranquility but not too expensive.

what he said. .
especially with the wicking ability. some brands while sitting will start leaking out the leg areas while the rest of the brief is dry
. I have not had the northshores do this to me. I am pretty sure you could put one drop of water at a time at the very top of the front and
the brief would not leak until the top of the back had been completely saturated , the ID Slip Maxi is from the same Manufacturer "ontex" I think.
the Id slip plant is in belguim and the Northshore one is in France. but other than the purple stripes on the ID they are pretty hard to tell apart.
Gary who sold XP Medical some time ago has been selling old stock of several of his items including the ID slips and I jumped all over that to get
around 10 cases recently.. he is selling them on ebay at way below what they used to sell for. he has other items as well.
I just wish I had more room. I have run out of storage so cannot purchase any more at the moment. looks like the Euro briefs "ID Slip and Super Senni quatro"
are selling for about a buck a brief plus reasonable shipping. gary_xp9 is the ebay user if you all are interested. im tempted to see if he would let me buy say 25 more cases
but he sits on em till I need em. thats how much I like those and the Northshore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 pm 

I wear ConfiDry diapers with a booster pad (15" Tranquility Topliner - Super during the day, 24 " Absorbancy + XL at night) and pull-on plastic pants for my day and night wetting. I frequently wet sitting down and have only leaked once in the past five years, and that was due to a rip in the diaper's plastic outer layer that I hadn't noticed and several other times when I didn't change when I should have after multiple wettings. No protection offers perfect protection 100 percent of the time, but this comes as close as I've experienced over thirty years.