www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:20 pm 

Ok, so heres teh situation. WIth both XP medical and Northshore care, my trusty go to diaper, Confidry is on back order. This is inconvenient timing since I am going on a two week vacation at the end of January, and rather than hoping that the Northshore care diapers arrive by Jan 22, i think i need an alternatvie. I know that Better Dry has been tested and is favored by those who have used it.. FYI it is now available on Northshorecare.com. I spoke to a representative about the absorbency and how it compares to Confidry.. she said its only a few ounces less. So I would like some input.. should I go ahead and buy a bag to try (Nortshore care cant send me samples because I already got a sample of air premium..which leaked on me both times on teh second wettng in a sitting positon..probably not the best to rely on given the fact my incontience is getting heavy again)? Are the tapes durable? Is the waistband comfortable? Do they have a good acusition rate? How do they compare to Confidry? Im intrigued by the lower cost with similar features and absorbency.. will most likely try a bag.. just want to get some input. And before you suggest Seni quatro as an alterantive.. the case numbers dont match what I need for 2 weeks at averaging 3 diapers a day.. i wish it did. but alas i have to go with a different option. Today I tried out the ABU Bare bums.. not bad.. it was dry when used, fit comfortably albeit snughly didnt leak on me while sitting, and the price point is competitive with COnfidry..

So, any thoughts on Better dry?
Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 pm 

I like the BetterDry so far its been the best all round diaper I have used it works great for me at night as I am a side sleeper and I have leaked less often then when I used the confidrys. They are a very absorbant diaper but do not wick as well as the confidrys as they have a higher Sap count and tend to swell in the front more then the confidrys but I wear loose fitting pants and its not that noticeable So far I have been happy with them and have 2 cases on auto ship every 5 weeks.

They are cut a bit smaller then the confidrys so I fit a medium in the confidry but a large in the betterdry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 am 

I prefer BetterDry over ConfiDry. I have always had leaks when using ConfiDry - they don't fit quite right. The mediums gap a bit behind my legs, causing leaks at the back. The smalls don't give good enough coverage.

I switched to BetterDry at night about a year ago, and have had very few problems. Nothing is perfect, but they work better than anything else for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am 

Both ComfiDry 24/7 and BetterDry are outstanding diapers that hold very large amounts of urine. When full, they are about the same thickness, but a dry BetterDry is somewhat thinner than a dry ComfiDry 24/7. The medium size of ComfiDry is also somewhat larger (wider and longer) than the medium size BetterDry.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:51 am 

Here are some absorbency figures for you. The BetterDry L10 (successor to the Comficare L10) in size Large holds a maximum of 5,128 ml (173 oz) (ISO rating). In contrast, the ConfiDry 24/7 has an ISO rating of 4,100 ml (138 oz.) in size medium. It is rated at 95 oz of useable capacity by XP Medical.

Note that the figures are for the size large BetterDry and the medium ConfiDry 24/7. ISO ratings are unrealistically high but useful for comparing two diapers. Both are excellent diapers.

--John