www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:07 pm 

When i said I was relatively dry, shoulda knocked on wood.. becuase its back in full force, complete with morning/getting up after laying in bed diaper saturating floods

In other news, I have decided to go forward with fundraising and founding.. I finally figured out how im going to handle eligibility. Other than having physician documentation of incontinence and need (to avoid being taken advantage of ab/dls, to make sure they wont be turning around and selling them, and to ensure that those suffering from incontinence are seeing a doctor), there will be no hard and fast rule like income for eligibilty. Rather they submit a narrative describing their need, including as many verifiable facts as possible, and then the narritive will be voted on by a board of delagates, who are both incontinent themselves and have expertise and experience in areas of alleged hardship (IE they live in the same region as the recipient so they can comment on cost of living, or they have similar insurance plans so they can verify whether or not the person has high deductibles, etc).
This will prevent us from going bankrupt and being taken advantage of while at the same time not placing limits that may exclude people who very well may be in desparate need, but income is too high to quailfiy for government asssitance but not high enough to sustain an incontinent individual. it also allows us to provide diapers in times of emotional hardship where someone may actually be able to afford diapers that are high quality, but are going through a rough time emotionally (cancer diagnosis of close family member, stress at work etc) and getting a months worth of free diapers may give them an emotional boost that they desparately need.

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II