www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 pm 

fiacs wrote:
To Mikejames,
How do you compare the betterdry to other diapers on the market namely the northshore supreme?

I was using Northshore Supreme Lites as my daytime diaper. They're awesome. So are the regular supremes. They wick really well. They're confidence inspiring for sure.

For me, the BetterDry just have a better and more comfortable fit. The plastic and padding are also softer and the BetterDry leak guards are taller than any wall Trump cold dream to build....also front and rear elastic waistband as well as really effective leg gathers.

The Northshores, while fantastic from a utility standpoint, are very unrefined in my opinion. The padding is super stiff, and breaks apart after several hours, the plastic is rough and cheap feeling, and there are no elastic waistbands. Considering the price per diaper is nearly the same, the Better Dry are really just SO much better. It's like comparing Volkswagen to a Mercedes. Volkswagen makes a damn fine car, high end German engineering, but Mercedes is just better and more refined.

This diaper could easily be my one and only diaper forever.

I got home from work last night and my diaper was soaked. I wanted to go for a run and just wanted to bang it out while motivated rather than take time to change. I ran 2 miles in a damn-near-capacity BetterDry and it held up just fine. Padding didn't break apart, it was still snugly taped, and it handled another accident as I was walking up my stairs from the garage. I fully expected that it would be the straw that broke the camels back and it would leak badly, but nope. Not a drop escaped. It was 8pm, five hours into this diaper, near capacity, after a 2 mile run and it still performed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 pm 

Well, I realized that very often the need of feeling more protected is your own imagination, but it's not always the case. Truth be told I had this feeling as well and it wasn't just because I need it but because I was scared and imagined that I need. I don't have to force this idea on you though, I'm pretty sure you know what you are doing. Anyhow, I've found one company by accident and they filled my needs totally, ordering from hexa & co all the time and I'm fine, although I'm not sure if they give more protection over the others, I just liked them because they have fit me and I stopped bothering with my mental protection issues anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm 

Guys, when I tried a package of BetterDry I had great hopes for it. The internal standing leak guards are perhaps the tallest I have found. :D

For me the diaper was fantastic except in that one critical area - on almost every diaper one or both of the internal standing leak guards collapsed when the top strand broke. :( On a couple the side wall of a standing leak guard tore. As I am double incontinent I really need those standing leak guards to contain fecal material in the center of the diaper.

As these diapers were from a single package of the recently revised version of BetterDry, it is possible that there was a manufacturing problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:34 pm 

Where are you buying the BetterDry diapers?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:13 am 

I bought mine from Comfy Care Products.
--John

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
I bought mine from Comfy Care Products.
--John

Comfy Care is almost entirely out of stock and has told me directly that they are unsure if they will ever restock once gone. They're having problems with the manufacturer working out pricing I guess.

Northshore Care is in talks with BetterDry and may very well be adding htem to their lineup. They're awaiting samples and will make a decision in a few weeks....if they strike a deal, earliest delivery is January as it takes a while to get a shipping container from Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:44 pm 

I have been told that better dry might be a better option than the confidry's I use but not available easily
I might switch to these too if they could be more availble
I mean at the same price that sounds pretty good

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 am 

Mia,

Except for the problem I encountered with the internal standing leak guards snapping and collapsing, the BetterDry could be a better diaper for you. I had a bad experience with the leak guards, but it could have been a manufacturing problem with my package of BetterDry diapers. The tapes are satisfactory, the plastic backing is good, and the absorbency is fantastic - better than the Dry 24/7. However, as you are FI, you may wish to try just a sample at first.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 am 

I have had a few strands break as well as the diaper ripping if I pull the diaper a bit to tight when tapeing. I still like the diaper as it is absorbant and comfortable to wear and most importantly manages by bladder issue well. I just picked up 2 more cases hopefully theres not a manufactuing issue in the latest batch.