www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Needing more protection
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:29 am 

I've realized I need to start wearing more robust protection. I've been wearing Northshore Supreme Lites during the day which has been fine until recently. I've had a few minor leaks and I'm not getting 4+ hours out of them anymore.

For almost 6 months now, I've been using BetterDry at night and the result have been suberb. Starting last Thursday I began wearing these to work to see how it would work out. I've been very hesitant about wearing such bulky diapers during the day as I value discretion. I have to say though that I should have made this switch earlier.

I can put one of these on at 8am before leaving for work and make it all the way to 5pm. That's pushing it a bit as by 5pm it's very heavy and starting to sag a lot. So I'm changing at 3. This means one change a day at work rather than 2 or even 3 on some days with the northshores.

My wife insists she can't tell I have a diaper on even though I'm self conscious about it. Even though these are more bulky, they may ultimately be more discreet as I only have to change once at work now.

It's also so much more economical. Northshore lites are priced really strangely, working out to 1.43 per diaper. for 0.20 more, I can wear a better dry which last as long as 2-3 NS Lites....I'd consider switching to the regular northshore supremes, but they don't work for me at night. Now I can have just one brand of diaper on hand.

I really hope a distributor picks these up soon so I can be confident in having a steady supply. These diapers are life changing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:08 pm 

I have heard great things about Better Dry and I also look forward to a US supplier
I wear Abena M4 during the day which can get bulky at times. I wear a suit jacket at all times so its well concealed. Wet pants are significantly more noticeable than a bulge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pm 

fiacs wrote:
I have heard great things about Better Dry and I also look forward to a US supplier
I wear Abena M4 during the day which can get bulky at times. I wear a suit jacket at all times so its well concealed. Wet pants are significantly more noticeable than a bulge.

Dry, the Better Dry are about the same thickness as Abena M4. But wet, the Better Dry swell A LOT. But by the time it's so swollen, I'm likely off to change anyway. I've been having really good luck with them during the day, not once feeling like I might leak. I really like the plastic Abena diapers too, but who knows how long they'll be making them.

Northshore Care Supply is likely going to stock Better Dry. They've ordered samples from Germany and are working out logistics etc and will be making a decision about carrying them or not. I really hope they do.

They can count on my for at least 2 cases a month.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:10 am 

Hi Mikejames

I switched to the Betterdry diapers last month and have found them to work great for both day and night I do find they swell a lot in the front but no one has noticed the change to a bulkier diaper. one thing I have found it it dosent seem to wick as well as the confidry 24/7 but over all I am happy with it performance in managing my baldder issues.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am 

The BetterDry sounds like quite the absorbent adult diaper, hopefully it can be brought to the US

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:13 am 

RobertH wrote:
Hi Mikejames

I switched to the Betterdry diapers last month and have found them to work great for both day and night I do find they swell a lot in the front but no one has noticed the change to a bulkier diaper. one thing I have found it it dosent seem to wick as well as the confidry 24/7 but over all I am happy with it performance in managing my baldder issues.

I agree about the wicking. So much SAP up front that it traps all the moisture and turns it into gel and then no wicking to other areas of the diaper can occur. The only improvement they could make to this diaper in my opinion is to add a wicking layer somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 pm 

MikeJames wrote:
I agree about the wicking. So much SAP up front that it traps all the moisture and turns it into gel and then no wicking to other areas of the diaper can occur. The only improvement they could make to this diaper in my opinion is to add a wicking layer somehow.

I have been using the Seni diapers and they are very absorbent from front to back. By the time they are full (most days) I have used up all of the available absorbent space and there is no room left in them that is not wet. It makes me feel like I have really received my money's worth. However, my IS has increased to the point where I need to change more than once or twice a day. I'm thinking I may try a doubler pad and see how that works for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 am 

I'm a big fan of BetterDry. I've been using them at night for a little over a year, with almost perfect results. There is only one reputable supplier here in the UK (plus a couple of dodgy ones), and when they ran out recently, I actually got stressed about it. I ended up buying from save express in Germany, paying the high shipping cost. Wouldn't you know it, the day after my shipment arrived, the UK supplier got their stock replenished.

I don't need quite so much protection during the day, so I haven't used BetterDry under normal clothing (yet).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 pm 

tomorrow will be a week since switching to betterdry exlusively. I have to report I'm beyond thrilled with the results.

I gush all day long and have 100% confidence that I won't leak. I may very well be able to get down to using only 3 diapers per 24 hours with these. Nothing has ever worked for me like that.

While bulky, I'm gaining more confidence that no one can tell. This was a huge worry for me at work, but so far so good. I am a little self conscoius when I know people are walking behind me. I just feel like my butt must look obviously diapered but my wife insists it's not obvious.

I've found the wicking can be improved a bit by breaking up the front fluff. I've always known to fold the diaper in half, but with these I think if you fold them in half and then scrunch up in thirds, it really loosens everything up. They still swell like crazy but earlier today when I changed, the padding was wet halfway up my butt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:29 pm 

To Mikejames,
How do you compare the betterdry to other diapers on the market namely the northshore supreme?