www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:40 pm 

Hi all,

Sorry I havent posted in a while.. life keeps me busy. Im back at Bay Cliff, this time as just a diswhasher. I have my inventory of pocket diapers, as well as a a case of Seni Quatro.. which for the summer will replace my usual ConfiDry for when im in the mood to use disposables (usually when I don't feel like prepping a pocket diaper, or when I need to do diaper laundry.) Sometimes though my bladder acts up a lot, and i do wonder about the aborbency of the diapers Im using, and whetehr Id be better off using traditional pin on.. I wouldnt have to worry about wehtehr the diaper Im wearing could hold multiple large voids.. traditonal pin on diapers have proven themselves many times when I have worn them. The question I have is whether they would be practical for when I need to cath. In addtion to being incontinent(thus the need for diapers 24/7) I also suffer from retention requiring me to cath at least 4 times a day. For those on this board who also have to CIC, have you ever found a way to do it while using pin on cloth diapers? Cost is another consideration, as well as comfort. Sometimes the inserts bunch up and dont feel comfortable. I tried to talk my mom in to letting me get some AIO diapers, but she wouldnt have none of it. Do any of you on this board use AIOs? how often do they last you? I called adultcoth diaper today and asked about their leakmaster AIO. 6 layers of gauze plus two thick layers of terry for the central soaker should be more than enough absorbenccy to get me through the period betwee caths/changes (I decided to time my diaper changes to coincide with my cathing schedules.. because it doesnt make sense to cath and put a used diaper back on..

Im just considering other options. For now my current inventory is adequate, for the most part, other than the fact that the missing kinks diapers have a bikinin cut on the wings which i do not find comfortable.. I prefer the full diaper like cut..

Anywhoo

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 pm 

Hey Rob, I found the AIO's are adequate but they don't last unless you hang dry. Otherwise, the plastic pant won't last with constant heat exposure in a drier. I used to use pin on but in all honesty, they are a pain in the ass when changing in public. Much easier to use the contour cloth with velcro closures (just make sure closures are closed tight for washing and especially drying. I keep their use to day time. I would consider a pull-up cloth diaper (Kins model 10700) as you could easily pull these part way down for cathing. I haven't tried a pocket diaper. They look like too much work with stuffing, carrying around the wet ones and the laundry. I use the confi-dry 24/7 with a stuffer pad and rarely need a change before I can get home. If I'm going to be out for a long time, I'll run a pinwheel over the plastic shell and use the pull-up cloth diaper over the disposable. I detest public changes, mainly because I have several BM's through out the day and I just don't feel clean enough without a shower. I use a lot of psyllium(Metamucil) to keep my stool firm. I hate loose stool. The trade off is I have increased frequency and volume. I use the 24/7 with booster along with the pull-up cloth diaper and plastic pants for sleep. People wonder why I use the disposable too but it actually serves as a "diaper liner" to keep stool off my cloth diaper. Makes laundry easier and I never have leaks. I also use Desitin (zinc oxide) and Nullo.