www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:26 am 

CASTING FOR A DEPEND COMMERCIAL

We are looking for real people, ages 40-60, who live with severe bladder incontinence, for a non-union commercial for Depend. Looking for people who want to share their inspiring real stories of taking control back from incontinence.
Our candidates should be bright, relatable, personable, outgoing, passionate, young at heart, and very open to talking about their experience and any hobbies, interests or activities you are involved in. They don't have to be a current user of Depend products, but must have tried them and have had a positive experience with them, and want to share their story
If chosen, you will need to be available for an in-person or Skype interview sometime over the next 3 weeks. The callback will be on 7/10 or 7/11 in NYC or via Skype. The shoot will be the week of August 6th, location TBD.
Rate (if selected) is $500 for each shoot day, $5000 for the buyout per video.
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT IF YOU LIVE WITH SEVERE BLADDER INCONTINENCE
Please share with anyone who may be a right fit they can email us directly at
sgcsubmissions@gmail.com

Please send us an email with a recent photo and answers to the following questions:

How long have you experienced incontinence (bladder leakage)?
How did it start?
How old were you when this happened?
How has incontinence changed your everyday life?
What types of products have you tried or using currently?
Do your family and friends know about your bladder leakage, and if so, do you have someone in your life who may be willing to be interviewed on the topic?
What hobbies, interests or activities are you involved in?
Have you stopped doing a particular activity or avoided due to your incontinence?
How does your experience with incontinence compare to your idea of it before it was part of your life?
Do you have any close family or friends who would be willing to participate? If so, who are they and what are their ages?
Do you have any upcoming events or activities scheduled this summer?

Thanks!
SGC

Last edited by mary@sgc on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 am 

Mary,

I have debated about replying to your post. Your post seems very specious and very direct. This is a very anonymous group. I maybe overstepping speaking for others in the group, but we have become very cautious of post like yours where the initial post calls for answers for the questions you have asked.

The reason I found you post specious is for the following:

Your company is not mentioned. There is no information on how we could verify this is an actual casting call. No phone numbers except an email address with a @Gmail domain. This could be anybody and not a company.

I did a quick Google search and found a company concerning casting calls. The company is Backstage Auditions & Casting Calls, Talent Seeking, and Advice & Tips. Preforming a search on this page yields no results for incontinence calls. The site offers a way to contact the company or to join it.

Lastly, the brand is not identified in you post. I would gather for someone to speak about the product one would have to know the product quite well. There is no mention about shipping samples out to a person for trail. You could go out on the street and ask anyone do you want to earn "Rate (if selected) is $500 for each shoot day, $5000 for the buyout per video." I am sure there are people out there that would not care if they were incontinent or not and would read a pre written script.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:41 am 

Mary,

I was told this was legitimate. Sorry for being so specious. For now I dont meet the criteria.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:53 am 

Good morning batman381327

I work for Stacy Gallo Casting. We are a casting agency based in NYC. You can check out our website stacygallocasting.com or go directly to examples of our work at https://www.stacygallocasting.com/work . We generally work with actors, but occasionally we cast spots with real people, as is the case for this one. We are not in the business of embarrassing people. We are casing for a commercial. We are looking nation wide. This is a legitimate opportunity of someone who lives with incontinence to share their story and perhaps make a positive difference in the life of another person who is dealing with the same issue.
I do appreciate the sensitivity of this issue, hence I am not asking for anyone to reveal his or her identity on this board. If anyone who reads this is comfortable sharing her or her story and would like to be considered for this commercial project, please let us know via the submissions email (sgcsubmissions@gmail.com)

I hope this helps shed some light on our project and I appreciate your time

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 am 

batman381327
Sorry! I saw your reply after I posted mine! Please pardon my gaffe - I'm clearly a rookie in the message board arena!
Hope you have a great day!

:-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:59 pm 

No problem. This explains more about your company and allows us to check it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:31 pm 

The decision whether to tell or not to tell can be challenging indeed. Although the stigma is eroding (hooray!) we have not yet arrived at the point where this issue is inconsequential. Commercials such as this are another nail in the coffin of the stigma; however laudable this might be, deciding to participate is still extremely difficult. Good luck in finding someone who meets your needs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:30 am 

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone that has contacted me about this post and questioning their intent. Like all post that seem questionable, I do a lot of digging and looking into before I make a call on and this post has been the same. After investigating this closely, I found it to be on the up and up. I have been in contact not only the original poster but their employer and then confirmed them. I am aware of the incontinence company they speak of and I also now know what is the end goal. Because of the legal part of the corporate world there is a very good reason why she can not disclose who they are working for.

All I can say is to trust me that this is on the up and up and and a very worth wild cause. Yes, the main goal of the "company" is to make money but there is a major benefit to it that as this unfolds, I KNOW every member here will approve of and would like to see he fruits of. When the time is right, we will let EVERYONE know what is going on and Hy the secrecy..

Rope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 am 

I've just returned to this forum after being away for awhile and noticed this opportunity to share my story with the possibility of helping others lead normal lives while incontinent. I realize I'm late to the game but am happy to help if the opportunity presents itself again in the future. Thanks.