www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:02 pm 

In the late fall, winter, and early spring, I wear hoodies with Nike or Champion heavy 90% cotton sweats.
For mid-spring and late fall, I wear T-shirts with Adidas 3-stripe polyester tricot athletic pants.
In late spring, summer, and early fall, I wear T-shirts or tank tops with oversized Adidas basketball shorts.

My pants and shorts are one size larger than normal to accommodate diapers.

When I'm out, I wear black, navy blue, or charcoal gray pants/shorts in the unfortunate case a diaper leak happens.

At home, I wear whatever color I want, since evident diaper bulge isn't a worry in the privacy of my own home, and I like some variety in the clothes I wear.

Since I'm large and have a big bottom, oversized dark-colored pants and shorts tend to mask the diaper bulge. I wear GaryWear PUL covers and Abena Abri-Fix underwear to smooth out the "diaper lines" along the edges of the padding.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 am 

I like the comfort of sweatpants and wear them regularly except for occasions that require a shirt, tie, jacket and dress pants. My sweatpants are not tight, but anyone who knew what to look for would be able to discern the fact that my rear end is padded. I don't think that many people notice; but if some do, I don't worry about it. This relative lack of concern is very different from what I felt when I was younger.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:54 am 

Don wrote:
I use Confidry diapers with Abena boosters and a PUL cover. This adds up to quite a bit of bulk. I know this. But I still wear whatever clothing I want. I live in Florida where it can get very hot especially in summer with heat indexes over 100 degrees. Shorts are generally doable for most months out of the year. In the winter, It might get cool in the mornings and evenings but the days can be quite pleasant. So I wear shorts and tshirts most months out of the year, including boardshorts and athletic style. I am under no illusion that my diapers are probably visible under my clothing. But I really don't care. It's too hot here to wear long dark pants. I generally don't care what other people think. I take care of my needs and don't sweat the small things. Anyone else have this same attitude? I see it as a medical condition and not something to be ashamed of.

Don:
I too live in Florida and know what you mean about the heat. Although I don't always wear a premium diaper I'm pretty much the same as you, diaper+pad+PUL pants, and shorts, usually Cargo style, which are great to carry an extra guard pad or two in. I take a little care to not "show off" my diaper but if it does show, or someone says something, it really wouldn't bother me. Guess I've got the same attitude toward my diapers as you do.

Last edited by Padded53 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:20 pm 
Admin

Due to my neuropathy, I have anhidrosis, or the decreased ability to sweat. My body's internal AC is not working very well making the heat very dangerous to me. In hot weather, heat exhaustion or heat stroke are very real threats. I wear Dry fit clothing to give my body that much more breathability. I stay away from cotton in the summer months. I only wear pants when going to church or such. I used to live in N. Carolina and the summers were pleasant there with highs only in the 80's. Here in FL, the high can be 100 in the summertime. The Dry fit clothing helps me stay cool. However, due to the clothing being so light, bulk and the noise factor come into play. My wife says sometimes you can see my diaper outline through my shorts. And you can also hear them in quiet rooms when I walk. I wear Dry fit underwear to compress the diaper as much as I can but I still feel like you can tell. I don't know what else I could do about it with respect to my situation. My doctors say the clothing helps. And to drink lots of electrolyte infused water.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:56 pm 

Okay... Just thought of something and it may just be brilliant. Wearing a Kilt during the summer... There are a lot of new Tactical style Kilts with side pockets and everything.. and with a pair of pul pants on under them no one would know a thing and it would be comfortable and look cool.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 am 

I dress loosely - I am able-bodied and have heavy double incontinence so this is the best compromise I can come up with. I don't like pressure on very wet diapers and I need extra space around the butt. This tends to have the side effect of being discreet, thankfully, but the priority is comfort. I will almost always choose the comfortable and functional option.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 pm 

I have the advantage of being female, so skirts is an easy way to hide my diapers.
If I wear jeans over my disposables with a booster, it might show if you know what to look for.
I try to wear loose shirts over, but not always. I am a lot less anxious of being outed than a few years ago.
I am more well dressed now with diapers than before I got them. Then the only thing I cared of was that it was not wet,
an that was a losing battle.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 pm 

@ThatFLguy, I currently have 2 kilts. When I finally accepted that I needed to go 24/7, one of the first questions my wife asked me was what was I going to do when I wore a kilt? .Until now, I wore it the way it is supposed to be worn, sans underwear. Now the question is, do I wear it sans diaper cover??? LOL

As to the OP, I generally wear what I want. I try to be discrete, but don't go to great lengths to make sure no one finds out - I just don't have the energy for that. My wife will sometimes remind me to tuck my shirt in if I'm working overhead or reaching for things at a store or someplace, and I try to wear longer t-shirts and sweat pants over my shorts when at the gym, but have given up on wearing boxers or whatever over the diaper to help in concealment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:44 am 
Admin

In the winter time, I’ll wear thicker clothing. Winter here is sporadic. It’ll be pretty cold for a few days then warm up into the 70’s and the cycle repeats. It starts warming up end of March. So my clothing choices vary. Since my original post, I switched to Abena products. With my heavy incontinence, I use M-4 with abrilet boosters. Still not very stealthy. But it is what it is. Like many of you have said, I don’t try to be noticed, but if someone does, it’s not the end of the world. I’ve never been confronted.

Due to the nature of my disability, I have to see my doctors a lot. I’m usually seeing one of my physicians once every couple weeks. When I see them, I’m sure like most of you, I’ll wear something comfortable. Usually my dri-fit clothing because it’s light, comfortable, and easy on and off for exams. All of my doctors know about my health struggles. They all work together as a team. None of my physicians have a problem with my diapers. They know I’m doing the best I can with what I’ve got. I turned to diapers after seeking multiple treatments and failures. I’ve run out of treatments for my incontinence. My main disability is autonomic neuropathy and it has no cure and no treatment. It makes things very complicated.

I also have mobility issues. I have chronic pain in my legs and walk with a cane. I’m only 35.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 pm 

Like most of you here I don't go out of my way to advertise my, er... non standard underwear (!) but also don't really care if they are seen and over the years I've noticed some reactions and odd or amused looks when I was very obviously wet. One in particular that did make me cringe loads. Maybe time for an embarrassing occasions thread perhaps? ;)

This happened mainly when I was a teen in the 90s and the tech wasn't so advanced (I wore tena slips for 20 years until 5 years ago. I recently tried the active fit Ultimas - how can something so thin hold so much???).

Reading this thread has made me ponder though. I'd love to know how I am viewed when wearing particularly when very wet and maybe being a bit accidentally unsubtle - extra thick nappy with booster pad under plastic pants and jeans that could have done with being a bit baggier for instance.

I think having worn for so long (all my life at night, 5-6 years every day, I'm 40 now) I might have gotten lax over the years and maybe not realise I'm so 'blatant'. Not that I care too much like I say but would be interesting to know.

If it wasn't seen as such a 'weird' or icky topic (not to us incos or our thoughtful and understanding 'dryist' allies :-0 ) I'd ask a mate or advertise for someone online to hang out with me for the day and subtly film my movements as I move about doing normal stuff and it would be interesting to see how noticeable a heavily soaked slip is after a while, whether I noticeably waddle, etc

Has anyone with a sympatico partner, friend or fellow wetter ever got them to film a clip or 2 on the sly in similar circumstances just out of curiosity?

A quick search on YouTube for 'diapers in public' yielded exactly what I should have expected and not what I mentioned above :-) - I'm still occasionally naïve despite have been searching for incontinence info online since 1994... lol