www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm 

Yup, so true. Another thing I do during the night when I awake to pee is to pull up on my mesh pants to keep things snug. Just have to stay ahead of it all!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 am 

I know what you mean about constantly having to upgrade and double-check your protection.

I started out wearing Depends, but over time things got worse and I got so sick of leaking that I went up to Abena M3, then into even thicker diaper brands. Working around my diapers is a lot more complicated than it would have been if I'd just gone for thin diapers, but at least the thick diapers actually work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 am 
Admin

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have found something that works for you. :D
Finding what works for you is a trial and error as everyone is different.
What works for one may, or may not, work for you, but it can be a great place to start.

I can't begin to tell you the number of different types of diapers that I have tried.
Both day and night ones.
I have found that at night I will wear cloth diapers, as I can make them as thick as I need.
During the day I will wear a different variety of diapers, depending on what i'm going to be doing at that time.

Sometimes ill wear a good quality of disposable diaper if i'm going to be running errands or my mom to her dr appts.
But if i'm just gonna be sitting around the house I might wear one of my thinner day weight cloth diapers.
I will almost allways be wearing some plastic pants over my diapers, even my disposables.

I have a large reusable pad that I sleep on and my bed has a waterproof padded cover on it just incase I roll off of the bed pad.
I have found out that it is a lot easier to wash the pad instead of the mattress HEHE :lol:

Schoppy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:51 pm 

My night wetting (and occasional BM) can be heavy at times. (diuretic use) I used to leak a lot which was frustrating and time-consuming with having to strip the bed. I do have a high-quality vinyl cover to protect the mattress. After years of experimenting and upgrading, I now use a Confi-dry 24/7 with a booster. I run a pinwheel over the plastic shell for flow through and put on a pull-up cloth diaper (Kins model 10700) with plastic pants. I also use a washable bed pad with water proof backing. Yes, it is a lot of diaper and it took a while to get used to sleeping in such bulky diapers. I use 30 mg of Temazepam and a few mg's of valium to sleep and often wake in the same position I went to sleep in. When I do have a typically large BM there is little migration. But I hardly ever get a leak and when I do it's so minor the bed pad (36" x 48") is just damp. Saves the bedding when it happens which is rarely.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:02 pm 

Bob, my solution was to begin wearing 4Care body stockings over my Wellness or 24/7 diaper. The bodystocking serves to snug my diaper right right up into my crotch and hold the leak guards securely in place. Infrequently do I leak. Xpmedical and amazon carry the product. Worth every penny!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm 

Truth be told a lot depends on a proper product here. I have ordered mine from hexa & co after checking many various companies and they suit me the best, but you have to figure out what really works for your the best because everybody is different. Bedwetting is very annoying and on top of that if you have your diapers and equipment overall that is exhausting you, then it's very sad. I remember my first moments working out what fits me the best, laying in bed very angry and couldn't fall asleep for long hours in night because it was driving me crazy. Wish you work it out asap and just stop caring about wet diaper every morning ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 pm 

West wrote:
Truth be told a lot depends on a proper product here. I have ordered mine from hexa & co after checking many various companies and they suit me the best, but you have to figure out what really works for your the best because everybody is different. Bedwetting is very annoying and on top of that if you have your diapers and equipment overall that is exhausting you, then it's very sad. I remember my first moments working out what fits me the best, laying in bed very angry and couldn't fall asleep for long hours in night because it was driving me crazy. Wish you work it out asap and just stop caring about wet diaper every morning ;)

This is HUGE. The proper product is key. And what's proper for some may just not work for others. People swear up and down about Dry 24/7 but they just simply leak like crazy for me. Some think Abena M/L4 (plastic) have gone to shit, but they hold like the hoover dam for me. Even better are BetterDry for me.

With Abena, I had some occasional leaks. usually a minor wet spot on the bed but a heavy and super wet diaper. Since wearing BetterDry, I think I've literally only had maybe 2 small leaks at night.

All the different brands have slightly different cuts that will fit different body types a bit differently. When you find the product that creates a very tight seal all around the legs, you'll be in good shape.

With such good diapers, I honestly don't even care about my bedwetting anymore. It's a total non issue.