www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flying while nappied
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 am 

On my flights back I used boosers in my diaper. I was able to avoid changing on the plane this time because of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 am 

My experience is limited and mostly domestic (and in Australia, so it may be even less helpful for you depending on where you live), but I've noticed a few things:

1) You have to get comfortable with the idea that security will search you or will see your diapers. That's just how it is.

2) I take a few diapers (really high-end ones to minimise changing) on in a carry-on and take the entire carry-on to the toilet. In small planes, I imagine they can probably hear the crinkling / the tapes ripping but there's only so much you can do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:05 am 

Never had problem with flying while wearing. Once I was told to return through the metal detectors as my shoes gave an alarm and they pat me through but I doubt they even noticed. It was a very glancy, routine "certainty-search", so there was no need to undress.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am 

I flew 2 times on a 12 hours flight and it was no problem. Security was no issue (I was already slightly wet), except with a pastic pant with metalic part, but a quick secondary check did in a few seconds. I had a booster, which I removed half way in the flight and that booster was fitting the trash in the plan toilets.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:52 am 

Has anyone ever had any attempts at getting airlines to allow them extra baggage for medical supplies (i.e pads)?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:31 pm 

At least RyanAir has a Special Assistance Line, which the passenger has to contact in advance. They apparently need a doctor's letter asserting the need of special supplies (which must be packaged separately for inspection). I would believe that most airlines have some kind of similar service and policy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:34 pm 

B Brian wrote:
On my flights back I used boosers in my diaper. I was able to avoid changing on the plane this time because of them.

Me too. I recently flew from LA to Boston and wore a BetterDry with 2 Northshore boosters and 1 Abena Abri Let Maxi booster. I could barely walk with that rig, but I was able to drink about 10 vodka drinks and a beer on the plane and not leak. Diaper weighed like 10lbs when I got off the plane but whatevs haha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:14 pm 

I'm flying from Florida to Vancouver tomorrow and my plan is to use an Abena Abri-Flex Pull-Up with an uncut Male Guard pad to start. Before I go through security I'll remove the wet pad and my diaper will probably still be dry for the scan, but hey if they want to search me it's fine by me, I'm pretty hard to embarrass these days. Since I'll be wearing my normal Cargo pants (lots of pockets) I'm planning on having quite a few NorthShore boosters in my carry-on and then once through security transferring the boosters to my pants pockets. I should be able to make it to the airplane restroom if needed, but if not I'm sure my boosted Abri-Flex will hold up a time or two. Of course I can always easily change boosters on the plane so I figure I'll be OK. I'll let you all know how my plan works out but I've done this a few times before with no problems so I'm not expecting one now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:00 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
I'm flying from Florida to Vancouver tomorrow and my plan is to use an Abena Abri-Flex Pull-Up with an uncut Male Guard pad to start. Before I go through security I'll remove the wet pad and my diaper will probably still be dry for the scan, but hey if they want to search me it's fine by me, I'm pretty hard to embarrass these days. Since I'll be wearing my normal Cargo pants (lots of pockets) I'm planning on having quite a few NorthShore boosters in my carry-on and then once through security transferring the boosters to my pants pockets. I should be able to make it to the airplane restroom if needed, but if not I'm sure my boosted Abri-Flex will hold up a time or two. Of course I can always easily change boosters on the plane so I figure I'll be OK. I'll let you all know how my plan works out but I've done this a few times before with no problems so I'm not expecting one now.

I agree, security doesn't care about your wet diaper, and I don't either...I'm done being embarrassed. I've gone through many times with a very wet diaper.

I keep several spares in my carry on back and change into a dry one right before boarding starts. I've had TSA pull my bag out and have me open it at the table at the end of the conveyor belt....not because of the diapers but i've forgotten I had liquids or something in there. I dont' care anymore if they see my diapers. Hell I went to Disneyland in CA a few weeks ago and they search your bag when going in. I open my backpack and all that's in there are 4 diapers and a travel pack of wipes. No one says anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:04 pm 

I only make sure that my diaper is dry during the security check.
I will change out my wet diaper before I get in line. I have TSA pre-entry which helps me get through security faster.
Depending on the duration of the flight, I will change into a dry diaper or not.
This routine has never given me any problems and I travel frequently

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next