www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flying while nappied
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 pm 

Yep, I had to change on the plane and you're right, it is a lot more difficult than in a normal bathroom. Usually I lean against a spare bit of wall to hold the back while I pull the front up and go from there. However, there was no spare wall in the plane toilet so I had to try and do it without leaning. Not easy at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:30 pm 

I hear that! It's doable, but not easy. I ended up turning around and leaning against the door (after testing the lock to make sure it wouldn't open that is).

I never had any other problems, but did you have any trouble tossing the old diaper out, or going to/from your seat with a diaper bag in tow?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:10 am 

B Brian wrote:
I hear that! It's doable, but not easy. I ended up turning around and leaning against the door (after testing the lock to make sure it wouldn't open that is).

I never had any other problems, but did you have any trouble tossing the old diaper out, or going to/from your seat with a diaper bag in tow?

I didn't think of leaning against the door. I suppose I assumed that it wouldn't hold.

The old nappy only just fit through the trash slot. Going from my seat to the toilet wasn't a problem. I had a small laptop bag as my carry-on under the seat in front of me and I just took that with me. On the way there the guy next to me didn't bat an eyelid at me taking a bag with me and on the way back I was in an aisle seat and everyone was asleep when I went so they didn't notice either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm 

Good to hear, and that's pretty close to my experience too. Hopefully this will help answer others questions for long flights while diapered.

And yeah, don't trust that folding door. I barely leaned on it enough to hold my diaper in place but even that had me concerned it would fly open.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:58 pm 

I only fly a few times a year. I retired early after I sold my business so now only go back and forth to my place in Florida. I have frequent BM's with extremely large volume due to the amount of a bulk producing fiber supplement (Metamucil) I take to keep my BM's firm. I've had severe urgency since a surgery years ago and never know when an accident will happen. I usually have 3 to 6 BM's a day so you can only imagine the anxiety I have when I have to fly. I do take several precautions because I find it impossible to change a soiled diaper like the ones I produce in those tiny bathrooms. First, I wear a quality diaper (confidry 24/7) with a booster and heavy gauge plastic pants. Second, I routinely use Nullo to eliminate odor. Third, I use a liberal amount of Desitin (zinc oxide) to prevent a rash (I do this all the time anyway). Fourth, I take loperamide to slow things down. It's only a 3 hour flight from Chicago into West Palm but I've managed to really load my diaper half way there on several occasions. I admit it's not very comfortable but I'm used to it after 20 plus years. I've sat with a huge load in my diaper and nobody around me had a clue. It helps me keep my cool by taking a few valium. As for going through security, I've been patted down numerous times without a problem. While I dress to remain stealth, it's pretty obvious I'm wearing a diaper when they do choose to pat me down and have never had problems.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 am 

I'm flying right now (well boarded and waiting for takeoff). TSA didn't bat an eye at my diaper, or the ones in my bag. The agent was more worried about my ace sport knee braces.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 pm 

B Brian wrote:
I'm flying right now (well boarded and waiting for takeoff). TSA didn't bat an eye at my diaper, or the ones in my bag. The agent was more worried about my ace sport knee braces.

Hopefully your flight goes without a hitch. I haven't flown since I've been in diapers. Not particularly looking forward to that. Will cross that bridge when I come to it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:26 pm 

It did. For the first leg of my trip I used a baby diaper booster. I took it out at my layover, and had figured my confidry would be enough till my final destination. About an hour before that though, I wasn't sure it would make it (I flew first class, and they have free drinks galore).

Anyways, I ended up having to change in the airplane restroom. If this happens to anyone, don't forget that when you lock the door you can use to (gently) lean one to help aid in changing. It's crammed, but doable when you do ot this way. Just test the door first to make sure you don't mokn the other passengers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm 

B Brian wrote:
It did. For the first leg of my trip I used a baby diaper booster. I took it out at my layover, and had figured my confidry would be enough till my final destination. About an hour before that though, I wasn't sure it would make it (I flew first class, and they have free drinks galore).

Anyways, I ended up having to change in the airplane restroom. If this happens to anyone, don't forget that when you lock the door you can use to (gently) lean one to help aid in changing. It's crammed, but doable when you do ot this way. Just test the door first to make sure you don't mokn the other passengers.

Well that's good to hear. I would dread having to change on a plane but you reassure me I could do it. But I'm always a dummy and try and get every last second out of my diaper. I need to learn to not do that. But a horror show would be a messy diaper on a plane. Oh my. That would be terrible. A tiny bit scared of that one day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:42 pm 

Hi all,

Just recently flew and it went smoothly as it usually does. Thankfully this time I didn't have to change mid-flight and was able to wait until de-boarding. Changing mid-flight is never ideal but a short flight helps to avoid that need.

Andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next