www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sizing on Beyond XP5000
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:33 pm 

So, usually I buy Better Dry for my extended wear needs. I recently redeemed reward points from my work for a 100 dollar prepaid visa card so I thought I'd use it to get diapers that I need. I tried to get a case of Large Better dry. Unfortunately with the the tax, the total of better dry was over 100 dollars. So, I couldn't do it. So I went with the beyond instead. I had had a sample coming to me due to Confidry not meeting expectations. I took a chance and ordered a case of large Beyond. Anywhoo. I got the sample in the mail today and the product just fits. I can get it on wihout the tabs ripping but the tabs almost don't reach the landing zone. The thing is, the sizing range on Large is 44-58 inch waist. My waist is 47 and my hip size is 45. So, in theory, the diaper in large should fit with room to spare. But with me, the tabs barely reach the landing zone. The sizing on the X large is 56 64. That size range sounds like the diaper would swallow me and go up to my armpits. But is it smaller than the actual numbers just like large is? Wait a minute.. Is not the XP5000 Beyond XP medical's house brand? Would'nt they be accurate in sizing since they sell diapers for a living? I'm confused. I hope I don't have to return an entire case of large and pay 12 bucks for shippnig back and get a case of X Large.

Anyone with a 47 inch waist get a sample of X Large? How did it fit you? I was supposed to get a sample of X-Large, but there were delays due to COVID. Jason from Real World Incontinence, do you have any input on sizing?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:45 pm 

I'm way to fat for my own good and have a 57 inch waist. I found the XL to be an accurate fit for me, though given where I am in the size range and where the tabs landed I would concur that they ran a tad small. Might be worth trying a sample!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:50 pm 

let me guess..the tabs were just on the edge of the landing zone?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:17 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
let me guess..the tabs were just on the edge of the landing zone?

Yeah

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:50 pm 

Porkchop, believe it or not, the diaper was designed that way. It reduces overlap and unnecessary plastic on your skin. Its desigend to be more form fitting that your average diaper. Like you I'm not used to tapes being on the edge of a landing zone. But I REALLY like how there is little to no overlap which reduces plastic peeking above the waist. One thing that I have found annoying in the past is excess plastic on the wings that gets flipped over and has the not so comfortable side rubbing the skin. This brief eliminates it. I think I will try out a case at work and see how I like them compared to better dry. It is more expensive but it may be worth it in terms of comfort. Hope this helps!

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 pm 

@SociologyGeek

I found the BetterDry to be too flimsy and I really didn't like those. The Beyond XP5000 felt sturdy and I was confident they wouldn't fall apart. When I can afford it I'll be ordering my own case.

Porkchop

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:12 pm 

Really Porkchop? Not sure where you are getting flimsy from. I've used better dry sucessfully for years. What size do you use? Perhaps different sizes have different construction? I've used the size large for years without any issues with construction. I've had flimsy diapers before, and in my expereince, Better dry isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:17 pm 

Ok, I FINALLY got my hands on the XL version of XP beyond. And, as I suspected, they are a tad big. They are almost too big, whereas the size larege are almost too small. It would seem that I am in between these two sizes. Perhaps I'd better stick to Better dry? I don't know. Time will tell. Better dry isn't a bad product but Beyond is a trimmer fit with less wasted plastic. I think that there are gaps in my legs wtih xl more so than with the size large, but I am not 100% sure.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:05 pm 

After trying the sample, I ordered a case. Yeah, big disappointment. I won't bother again once I use up this case. They're too narrow in the crotch and fit weirdly. I don't know why it was so different from the sample I received? Oof, what a waste of money. Buyer beware and ignore my earlier comments supporting the product.

Marcus Aurelius