www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:57 am 

Hi all,

I wish that i could have reported by now the results from the Interstim trial, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on, but somehow, even after talking to me like it was a go for Dec, here i find out they wont be available to do it. They told me they could do it in Jan, but there's 1 slight problem..I'll be gone in Jan! I'm spending the winter with my siblings and their kids :D. So, after entertaining the possibilty of having it done while im in TX, mom and I decided against it. The time frame seemed just too narrow, and too many hoops to jump through to get it done, so April it is. Funnily enough, the pre-op appt is on my birthday. I suppose you could call good bladder control a much wanted birthday present!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:13 am 

about 4 years ago I had an Medtronic Interstem. I had the trial and it did great! I had it put in, and it did good. It did good until I hit my head in my shed coming out and fell backwards. It tore my quad off my knee and tore one wire off my interstem. Then it wasn't doing good. I didn't know what to do, so I had it removed. advance to Jan 2021. I just had an advanced Medtronic Interstem put in for 1 and 2. It is helping my bowels, but right now not my bladder. I only get 100cc out about every 30-60 minutes. My Urologist is working hard to find out what went wrong.
I wear cotton diapers at night and I really wet them. So something is wrong